Shenzhen, China, Dec. 20, 2015 – DJI, the world leader in unmanned aerial vehicle technology opened its first flagship store today at OCT Harbour in Shenzhen. The 800-square-meter store will feature a full range of DJI’s consumer products and aims to let consumers see, touch and learn firsthand about the company’s innovative and creative platforms.
“The DJI flagship experience is an important touchpoint to connect people with our cutting-edge technology and get a sneak peek into the future,” said Frank Wang, DJI Founder and CEO. “Whether you are curious to learn how to fly or a professional looking for the latest aerial imaging technology to create your next big idea, the flagship store will provide you with the opportunity to really experience the DJI brand up close and in person. More importantly, it will allow us to engage our customers in a deeper and more meaningful way.”
On display and for sale will be DJI’s Phantom 3 series, the Inspire 1 and Spreading Wings series, Matrice 100, Guidance, the Ronin handheld three-axis camera gimbal line, as well as the company’s latest integrated stabilized 4K handheld camera, the Osmo. The flagship’s interior architecture is based on the concept of yuan「圓」, the Chinese word for “circular.” It is symbolic
of DJI's drone propellers, which form a circular shape when in motion. This concept can be seen in various places around the store, including the “SkyPixel Around the World” interactive installation, which is featured on a cylinder-shaped map in the shop’s center. The flagship store also features a theater, flight area, lounge area and repair counter.
The OCT Harbour store features a stunning waterfront view and is surrounded by a vibrant culture of tourism, ecology and commerce. Highlights of the flagship store include:
· Theater: Visitors can expect an immersive visual experience at the Theater, where they can see stories captured from the sky and content from around the world.
· SkyPixel Around the World: An interactive installation, where visitors can explore photo and video stories captured by aerial enthusiasts from the www.skypixel.com community.
· Flight Area: DJI pilots will be there throughout the day to perform demos, and the LED screen will project different backgrounds to match the different flight experiences.
· Lounge Area: Visitors can sit back and relax in the lounge area, talk with our staff and learn about DJI’s latest products.
· Repair Counter: We have a dedicated team of customer-support staff to provide technical assistance, help with firmware updates and make reservations for drop-off repair.
The DJI flagship store is located at the Shenzhen Tourist Information Center, OCT Harbour, East No.8, Baishi Road, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, China. Openings hours are Sun-Thu 10:00 - 22:00 and Fri-Sat 10:00 – 22:30.