- 1. How does Tracktenna differ from a standard antenna?
Tracktenna is a dedicated high-gain directional antenna that tracks and points towards DJI aircraft midflight. It uses multiple sensors and data from the remote controller to calculate its own and the aircraft’s position, rotating to face the aircraft in real time. Standard antennas, on the other hand, are omnidirectional with lower gain and without onboard sensors.
- 2. Can I use Tracktenna with the Inspire 2’s standard remote controller?
No. Inspire 2 remote controller antennas are not detachable.
- 3. Can I use Tracktenna with a third-party remote controller?
No. Tracktenna needs flight status information from the remote controller to locate an aircraft’s position. Right now, such data can only be transferred by the Cendence remote controller.
- 4. Is Tracktenna water resistant?
Yes. Tracktenna currently has an IPX3 rating.
- 5. Can I use Tracktenna on the ground?
Yes, but we recommend not to. Signals get blocked when the aircraft is flying at lower altitudes and performance may be adversely affected.
- 6. How is Tracktenna’s performance affected by low battery levels?
Tracktenna will keep tracking the aircraft, but its gain will decrease. The power indicator will warn you when power is low.
- 7. Can I disassemble or modify Tracktenna in any way?
We recommend not to, as this will break the terms of the product’s warranty.