- Flight Safety
- 1.What should I be cautious of when using the DJI Digital FPV System alone?
When using the DJI Digital FPV System alone:
1) Do not fly in areas with heavy signal interferences, for example, areas with strong Wi-Fi signals;
2) Do not fly your aircraft too far away or at too low of an altitude;
3) Disable the Wi-Fi of the external modules mounted on the aircraft to avoid signal interference.
- 2.What should I be cautious of when using the DJI Digital FPV System with multiple pilots in the same area?
Signal interference may occur when multiple DJI FPV Systems are operating simultaneously. To avoid this, refer to the instructions below:
1) Maintain a safe distance of at least 3 meters between each aircraft. Power on and choose a frequency channel for each aircraft one at a time. Avoid using the same frequency channel as other pilots. If live feeds begin to blur, restart all devices;
2) Pilots should avoid using the public channel simultaneously during flight as it may result in increased signal interference, blurry live feeds, and reduced image quality;
3) If the frequency channel you choose is close to another pilot’s channel, ensure that your aircraft is at least 3 meters away from their goggles;
4) Maintain a distance of at least 3 meters between each pair of goggles;
5) If your live feed becomes blurry due to multiple pilots flying in the same area, restart your air unit.
- 3.What should I be cautious of when choosing a frequency channel that is being used by another pilot?
It is not recommended to do so. If you enter a channel that is occupied, both pilots may be temporarily switched to the public channel, causing signal interference. Additionally, both users may lose control of their aircraft and may not be able to receive live video feeds.
- 4.What are the precautions when using the DJI FPV System in other countries or regions?
When using the DJI FPV System in other countries or regions, you must follow local radio regulations. Connect the DJI FPV System to DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV Series), and the software will automatically tune system settings according to local laws.
- 5.What are the precautions when using the DJI FPV Goggles?
When using the goggles in a sunlit area, avoid exposing the lenses to direct sunlight, as this may cause irreversible damage to the optics.
- 6.What are the precautions when using the DJI FPV Air Unit?
The DJI FPV Air Unit can generate a large amount of heat, so do not touch the air unit directly without first allowing it to cool. Avoid using the air unit for extended periods in high-temperature environments with little ventilation. Otherwise, the air unit will become hot and enter Low Power mode, affecting its performance.
- 7.What are the precautions when handling the antenna of the DJI FPV Air Unit?
The DJI FPV Air Unit utilizes an MMCX antenna. Since the inner pin is small, when pulling out the antenna, hold the air unit with one hand, pull the antenna gently with the other hand, making sure to remove it horizontally. Installing or pulling the antenna out too forcefully may cause the inner pin and the collar to fall off or become damaged.
- 1.What’s the latency of the DJI Digital FPV System?
End-to-end latency is the total time it takes for information to be transferred from the camera input to the display screen. The lowest latency of the DJI Digital FPV System is within 28 ms and provides 720p/120fps image quality. This is achieved most often in wide open areas with no electromagnetic interference.
- 2.What is the resolution of the DJI FPV Goggles’ screens?
1080×720 with an aspect ratio of 4:3, and 1440×810 with an aspect ratio of 16:9.
- 3.What is the supply voltage and power consumption of the DJI FPV Goggles?
The DJI FPV Goggles use an external battery with a voltage range of 7.4-17.6 V. Customers are recommended to use 4S batteries. The total power consumption is about 7 W. The battery life of one 4S 1600mah battery is 3.5 hours when used continuously.
- 4.What video recording format do the DJI FPV Goggles support?
MP4 videos at 720p/60fps.
- 5.What video files can the DJI FPV Goggles play?
MP4, MOV, and MKV (H.264) videos.
- 6.What types of storage cards do the DJI FPV Goggles support?
The DJI FPV Goggles supports microSD cards with capacities of up to 128GB.
- 7.Is the DJI FPV Air Unit compatible with third-party cameras?
- 8.What video recording format does the DJI FPV Air Unit support?
MP4 videos at 1080p/60fps and 720p/120fps.
- 9.What is the maximum transmit power of the DJI FPV Air Unit under each wireless certification standard?
FCC/SRRC: 700 mw
CE: 25 mw
MIC: 350 mw
- 10.What types of storage cards does the DJI FPV Air Unit support?
The DJI FPV Air Unit supports microSD cards with capacities of up to 128GB.
- 11.What is the supply voltage and power consumption of the DJI FPV Air Unit?
The DJI FPV Air Unit uses an external battery with a voltage range of 7.4-17.6 V. Customers are recommended to use 4S batteries. The power consumption of the video transmission system ranges from 4-9 W in normal temperatures.
- 12.What ports do the DJI FPV Remote Controller have?
The DJI FPV Remote Controller has a USB Type-C port and a 3.5mm audio interface.
To use simulators, you must connect a dongle to the Remote Controller via the 3.5mm audio interface, then connect the dongle to your computer.
- 13.What is the control latency of the DJI FPV Remote Controller?
The control latency is the total time it takes a command to be transferred from the remote controller to the flight control. The latency of the DJI FPV Remote Controller can go as low as 7 ms if you are using the Sbus Baud Fast protocol. (Flight controllers must be updated with the latest firmware for users to enjoy 7ms low latency).
- 14.What’s the battery life of DJI FPV Remote Controller?
A fully charged battery can last up to 7.5 hours when operating continuously.
- 1.Can the DJI FPV Goggles correct refractive errors?
No. However, you can purchase the DJI FPV Goggles Corrective Lenses (+2.0D, +4.0D, +6.0D, or +8.0D) at the DJI Online Store and attach them to the DJI FPV Goggles.
- 2.Is there only one size for the DJI FPV Goggles foam padding? Can I detach the foam padding?
Yes. Currently, the DJI FPV Goggles foam padding comes in one size. It is not recommended to detach it too often. However, if the foam padding has become damaged, you can purchase a new one at the DJI Online Store.
- 3.Why are the antennas on the DJI FPV Goggles still loose even though I’ve tightened the screws?
The antennas remain loose even after tightening to help protect the goggles if they were to fall from a high position. If the antennas were too tight, they would break upon impact.
- 4.What can I do if the screens or lens cone on the DJI FPV Goggles fog up?
Drastic changes in temperature and humidity will cause the screens or the lens cone to fog up, which is normal. Avoid using the DJI FPV Goggles in environments where temperature and humidity tend to alter significantly. If the screen or the lens cone has fogged up, place the goggles in an indoor setting at room temperature and wait until the fog disappears. Keep the DJI FPV Goggles out of hot and humid environments.
- 5.Is the DJI FPV Camera detachable?
Yes. The DJI Air Unit Module, Coaxial Cable (connects air unit module and camera), and the DJI FPV Camera are all detachable. Users can purchase these accessories at the DJI Online Store and watch tutorial videos for instructions on how to detach them.
- 6.What should I pay attention to when detaching the DJI FPV Air Unit Module?
When detaching the air unit module, check if the conductive foams on the cover of the air unit module and the camera’s rear cover are not damaged. Also, ensure the coaxial cable is firmly attached to the camera.
- 7.How do I install the DJI FPV Camera into the aircraft frame?
Insert the standard M2 screws into the holes located on both sides of the DJI FPV Camera. The DJI FPV Camera also comes with four 4mm M2 screws, allowing you to install your camera into different aircraft.
- 8.Is the DJI FPV Digital System compatible with DJI A3 or N3 flight controller?
- 9.Can I adjust the tightness of the control sticks without detaching them from the DJI FPV Remote Controller?
Yes. Open the left and right rubber covers on the back of the remote controller, and you will see the adjustment holes. Use a screwdriver to adjust the tightness of the control sticks. Be sure to close the covers after you finish adjusting.
- 10.What should I pay attention to when attaching the left and right rubber covers to the DJI FPV Remote Controller?
Secure each cover into the holes carefully. Do not press the entire cover directly with your palm.
- 11.Can I manually switch between Mode 1 and Mode 2 on my DJI FPV Remote Controller?
Yes. However, it is not recommended. Our official warranty would not cover the remote controller if it were to break when manually switching between Mode 1 and Mode 2.
Before using the remote controller:
1. Power on the goggles;
2. Go to Settings;
3. Open the Remote Controller Settings;
4. Select Stick Mode;
5. Choose stick mode (Mode 1 or Mode 2).
Remember to select the stick mode that is consistent with the version of the RC you plan on using.
- 1.How do I activate and upgrade the DJI FPV System?
Visit the DJI FPV System product page on the DJI official website, enter the downloads section, and download DJI Assistant 2. Power on all modules and connect them to DJI Assistant 2 to begin activating and upgrading.
- 2.Will the video transmission latency increase when recording videos?
The video transmission latency will not increase if you record videos with the DJI FPV Goggles. However, the video transmission latency will increase about 5 ms if you record videos with the DJI FPV Air Unit Module.
- 3.Are the DJI FPV Goggles compatible with analog transmission systems?
Yes. The AV IN function in the DJI FPV Goggles allows you to connect a third-party analog transmission receiver to the goggles. However, it is not recommended to use an analog transmission system and the DJI Digital FPV System simultaneously.
- 4.Are the DJI FPV Goggles compatible with other DJI drones?
- 5.Do I have to relink the DJI FPV Goggles with the DJI FPV Air Unit Module if they were already previously linked?
No. Once you have successfully linked your DJI FPV Goggles with a DJI FPV Air Unit Module, the two will link automatically when used again.
- 6.Can I link my DJI FPV Goggles with multiple DJI FPV Air Units simultaneously?
No. You will experience strong interference, and video transmission signals will be weakened.
- 7.Can I use the public channel in the DJI FPV Goggles during flight?
Yes. After powering on the DJI FPV Goggles, users will be directed to the public channel first. It is recommended that you manually switch to another transmission channel after powering on your goggles to avoid interference from other aircraft.
- 8.In Audience mode, is the image quality of the secondary DJI FPV Goggles the same as that of the primary DJI FPV Goggles?
that of the primary DJI FPV Goggles?
In Audience mode, the secondary goggles utilize a one-way communication system with the air unit, which can affect the image quality and signal strength. The primary goggles will not be affected.
To ensure a good viewing experience in Audience mode, please choose a good viewing spot and try to avoid blocking the signal between the secondary goggles and the air unit.
- 9.What would happen if the DJI FPV Air Unit Module enters Low Power mode?
When your DJI FPV Air Unit enters Low Power mode due to overheating, the frame rate and control distance will drop, the latency will increase, and videos cannot be recorded.
- 10.Can I use the DJI FPV Air Unit to take photos?
- 11.Does the DJI FPV Air Unit support adjusting flight controller parameters?
Yes. However, only certain filght controller parameters are supported.
- 12.What flight controller firmware versions does the DJI FPV Air Unit support?
Betaflight 4.1.0 and later.
- 13.Can the DJI FPV Air Unit fly simultaneously with other racing drones using analog transmission systems?
Yes. However, it is not recommended. The DJI FPV System uses 5.725-5.850 GHz frequency bands, while the analog transmission system uses a 5.8 GHz band. If both are used together, signal interference will occur.
- 14.When the DJI FPV Air Unit Module has been used for an extended period without cooling, is it normal for the video transmission latency to increase?
Yes. When the DJI FPV Air Unit Module operates for extended periods and reaches a certain temperature, it will automatically enter Low Power mode, in which the frame rate will reduce to 30fps, and the latency may reach 60 ms or higher.
- 15.What happens if the DJI FPV Air Unit Module is not activated?
If the air unit module is not activated, it will remain on the public frequency channel. Users will not be able to alter functions or switch to other channels.
- 16.Is the DJI FPV System compatible with remote controllers of other brands?
Yes, but an additional receiver is required when using the DJI FPV System with other remote controllers. This is something that is not needed when using the DJI FPV Remote Controller.