- 1.Is GS Pro a free app?
The GS Pro app is free to download from the App Store. It consists of three modes that are free of charge (Virtual Fence, 3D Map Area, and Waypoint Route) and one mode as an in-app purchase (3D Map POI).
- 2.What devices support GS Pro?
GS Pro is supported on all iPad Air, Air 2, Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4, and Pro tablets (Android is currently not supported).
- 3.What mode should I switch my aircraft to for Ground Station Mode?
P Mode for the Phantom 4 and any aircraft released after the Phantom 4. F Mode for aircraft released prior to the Phantom 4, including the Phantom 3, Inspire 1, M100, M600 etc. Essentially, if the controller has an F Mode use F Mode, otherwise use P Mode.
- 4.What cameras does GS Pro support?
Onboard cameras of the Phantom 3 series and Phantom 4 series, as well as the Zenmuse X3, X5, X5R, X4S, X5S, Z3, XT and Z30.
- 5.What DJI aircraft does GS Pro support?
GS Pro supports the following DJI aerial platforms and flight controllers: Phantom 3 Standard/Advanced/Professional/4K, Phantom 4/Pro, Inspire 1/2, Matrice 100/600/600 Pro, A3/A3 Pro, N3.
- 6.What industries can use GS Pro?
GS Pro can be utilized in many industries including architecture, precision agriculture, aerial mapping, electrical inspection, security control, disaster monitoring, and more.
- 7.Does GS Pro support offline maps?
No. To use GS Pro without internet access, cache the map data first. Do not close or refresh the GS Pro page during use. When no internet is available, use the aircraft to create waypoints or define a flight area.
- 8.Is GS Pro able to calculate whether the battery can cover the entire mission?
No, but the current battery percentage is visible onscreen. GS Pro is able to continue a mission from a breakpoint, so when the battery is low, pause the mission, swap the battery and continue.
- 9.Is there a maximum distance limit?
If the farthest distance planned exceeds 2km, a warning will appear but the mission can begin.
- 10.How many waypoints can be set for mapping?
You can set from 2 to 99 waypoints. There may be more than 99 photo capture points if the aircraft captures without hovering. The maximum number of photo capture points depends on the capacity of the SD card.
- 11.What are Inside Mode and Scan Mode?
In Inside Mode, the aircraft follows an automatically generated route within a chosen area. In Scan Mode, the aircraft follows the fastest route to cover a designated area, which may result in flying out of the defined area.
- 12.Where does GS Pro map data come from?
From Apple Maps.
- 13.In a multi-aircraft mission, how many aircraft does GS Pro support? Do they have to be of same type?
Multi-aircraft missions are not currently supported.
- 14.What is the distance range between waypoints?
The distance between two adjacent waypoints can be from 1m to 2000m.
- 15.What happens if GS Pro loses control over the aircraft during a mission?
The aircraft will continue its mission and finish all planned actions.
- 16.What happens if I move a joystick during a mission?
Moving a joystick during a Waypoint Route mission will manually control the aircraft flight speed and heading. After releasing the joystick, the aircraft will resume its preset flight speed and heading.Moving a joystick during a 3D Map Area or 3D Map POI mission will manually control only the flight speed. After releasing the joystick, the aircraft will resume its preset flight speed.
- 17.Can I use the remote controller to record video or take a photo during a mission?
Yes, but this is not recommended as it may affect the mission.
- 18.If I activate Return to Home during a mission, will the aircraft return?
- 19.Can I stop the motors during mid-flight?
Yes, if the stop-motor operation in DJI GO or DJI GO 4 has been enabled. This should only be used in an emergency.
- 20.Can I interrupt a mission at any time?
- 21.What is the difference between Virtual Fence, GEO Fence and No-fly Zone?
A Virtual Fence is a user defined area in the GS Pro app. GEO Fence and No-fly Zone are pre-loaded by default in DJI aircraft and have a higher priority, thus user cannot edit GEO Fence or No-fly Zones.
- 22.What account will be bound to GS Pro after making in-app purchases?
Your Apple ID. The use of GS Pro will not be affected if you change or repair aircrafts. If you purchase 3D Map POI by flight time, then the flight time will be stored in the current iPad and cannot be transferred to other iPads.
- 23.Can I use in-app purchases on other DJI drones?
Yes, but the DJI drones you use must be compatible with GS Pro.
- 24.Can I edit flight missions before purchasing 3D Map POI?
Yes, you can create new flight missions and edit them before purchasing 3D Map POI. However, in order to upload missions to your aircraft and initiate them, you must first purchase 3D Map POI.
- 25.Does GS Pro have a flight simulation function?
No, but GS Pro is compatible with flight simulation. To do so, use the flight simulation function on DJI Assistant 2. Please note that the Phantom 3 series and Inspire 1 do not support DJI Assistant 2, and therefore do not feature flight simulation.