- 1.Can I detach the Magnetic Phone Clamp and mount it to my phone again?
- 2.What is the magnetic force of DJI OM 5?
The magnetic force of DJI OM 5 is 47.5 Newtons, which is approximately the weight of two 2-liter soda bottles. This is more than enough strength to keep smartphones attached securely.
- 3.Will the magnetic force of DJI OM 5 generate interference that affects my smartphone?
DJI OM 5 will not affect the performance of the phone attached to it. However, some phones may require calibration after mounting. The magnetic design may influence other magnetic products. Do not put OM 5 near a bank card, cardiac pacemaker, hard drive, or similar devices. Additionally, phones transmitting data with magnetic signals may also be affected (for example, Samsung phones supporting MST). It is recommended to take off the phone clamp before using such functions.
- 4.Does DJI OM 5 support phones that are lighter and thinner than average?
For more information, please refer to the phone compatibility list on the official DJI website.
- 5.How do I correctly mount the Magnetic Phone Clamp to DJI OM 5?
Align the dots on the phone clamp and the roll motor of the gimbal. After attaching your phone onto the gimbal, rotate the roll motor and make sure the phone and gimbal are locked.
- 6.What should I do if the gimbal is visible in the frame after attaching my smartphone?
Due to wide-angle lenses and/or irregular phone sizes (for example, those of Huawei P40, and Huawei Mate 20 Pro), some users may see the gimbal in their camera view.
Users can try the following:
Adjust the position of the Magnetic Phone Clamp, moving it away from the camera until the gimbal is not visible in the camera's view (applicable to iPhone 11 Pro, OPPO realme X2 Pro, OPPO Reno 2, Samsung S10+, etc.).
- 7.Does DJI OM 5 require balancing before use?
No. Due to its powerful motors, accurate balancing is not needed for DJI OM 5. When using the Magnetic Phone Clamp, you only need to keep it approximately in the middle of the phone.
- 8.What phones are supported by DJI OM 5?
For detailed information, please refer to the phone compatibility list on the official DJI website.
- 9.Does DJI OM 5 support Gesture Control? What gestures are supported?
Yes. Connect your phone to DJI OM 5, launch the DJI Mimo app, tap the gesture icon next to the shutter, and tap (?) to view detailed instructions.
- 10.How do I use ActiveTrack with DJI OM 5?
There are three ways to use ActiveTrack:
1. Press the trigger to track the subject in the middle of the frame automatically;
2. Manually select and track the subject in the app interface;
3. Enable Gesture Control and use the gestures indicated in (?) to begin tracking, take a photo, or record a video.
- 11.How do I switch between Portrait and Landscape orientation?
Power on DJI OM 5, and press the composition button twice to switch between the two orientations.
You can also transition between portrait and landscape by rotating the roll axis manually.
- 12.How do I enter Standby mode with DJI OM 5?
Power on DJI OM 5 and press the M button twice to enter Standby mode.
Once standby mode is enabled, press any button to exit the mode.
- 13.How do I use SpinShot with DJI OM 5?
When the gimbal is in video, photo, slow motion, or hyperlapse mode, go to Settings->Gimbal and enable SpinShot. Use the joystick to complete a shot with your smartphone spinning 270 degrees.
- 14.How do I use the customized templates in Story mode with DJI OM 5?
Go to Story mode in the live camera view and select Custom Story.
- 15.How do I use DynamicZoom?
Tap DynamicZoom mode in the live camera view, and start using this function by walking steadily forward or backward.
- 16.How do I use CloneMe?
Select CloneMe from Pano, tap the shutter, and DJI OM 5 will automatically take a photo every five seconds and move the gimbal to the next position. After taking three photos, it will automatically stitch them into one photo.
- 17.Does DJI OM 5 support Bluetooth the same way DJI OM 4 does?
- 18.Compared with Wi-Fi connection, what are the advantages of DJI OM 5's Bluetooth connection option?
Connecting via Bluetooth is faster than connecting via Wi-Fi. Devices using Bluetooth will link automatically once they have been paired. Connecting via Bluetooth also saves energy compared to connecting via Wi-Fi.
- 19.How do I forget connected devices?
1. Forget connected devices in the Bluetooth settings of your mobile phone;
2. Press and hold the shutter button, trigger, and switch button simultaneously for one second to forget the connected device.
- 20.Is the firmware of DJI OM 5 also compatible with DJI OM 4?
No. However, the DJI Mimo app will provide the correct firmware version once connected.
- 21.How do I control the zoom of my phone with DJI OM 5?
Use the adjustable zoom slider on the left side of the handle to zoom in and out. Image quality is subject to the phone's camera performance.
- 22.How many operation modes does DJI OM 5 support?
There are four modes: Upright, Underslung, Low Position, and Side Grip.
- 23.Is DJI OM 5 waterproof?
- 24.What should I do if the gimbal is unbalanced after powering on?
1. Check if the phone has been properly mounted onto the gimbal;
2. Perform Gimbal Auto Calibration;
3. Perform Horizontal Gimbal Adjustment in the DJI Mimo app.
- 25.Can I use DJI OM 5 with a phone case?
- 26.What is the max length of the built-in extension rod?
- 27.How can I use DJI OM 5's built-in extension rod?
1. Directly extend it to the maximum length (215 mm) for use;
2. Adjust the angle manually by rotating the pivot joint on the top of the extension rod to a suitable angle anywhere between 0-90°.
*Angle adjustment is especially helpful when shooting in low-angle scenarios.
- DJI Mimo
- 1.Can I use ActiveTrack, Timelapse, and Pano while in Portrait orientation?
- 2.Is ActiveTrack 4.0 equally effective when shooting with the front and back cameras?
The front and back cameras perform similarly in terms of tracking. However, only the back camera is able to track a person’s profile and continue tracking reliably, even if the subject turns or moves dramatically in ways that cause their shape to change from the camera's perspective.
- 3.Can ActiveTrack 4.0 follow pets and children? How reliable is it?
Yes. However, the precision may differ depending on the smartphone being used, and it performs better when tracking one subject at a time.
- 4.What are the differences between Timelapse, Motionlapse, and Hyperlapse?
1. Timelapse is suitable for recording the passing of time at a fixed scene by mounting DJI OM 5 on a tripod or base.
2. Motionlapse allows users to record a moving timelapse video by setting camera points.
3. Hyperlapse allows users to record everything passing by as they hold the gimbal and walk. ActiveTrack 4.0 provides more options for flexible shooting.
- 5.Can I set camera parameters in the DJI Mimo app?
1. For iPhones, tap the camera icon to adjust ISO, shutter speed, EV, or to change the white balance in settings;
2. For Android phones, due to compatibility differences among manufacturers, only some models support the manual adjustment of camera parameters at this time. Check the compatibility list on the official DJI website for more details.
- 6.Can I adjust the tracking speed with the DJI Mimo app?
The related functions are under development and subject to the latest DJI Mimo App update.
- 7.Can I set the zoom speed with the DJI Mimo app?
- 8.Can I set the speed of the joystick?
- 9.Can I set video resolution?
Yes. However, the maximum video resolution depends on your phone’s camera. Please visit the official DJI website for the full compatibility list.
- 10.Will changing the video resolution in DJI Mimo directly affect my phone’s video resolution?
- 11.During recording, does the DJI Mimo app show how much video storage space is remaining on my phone?
- 12.Can I shoot slow-motion videos?
On iPhones, yes. For smartphones with other operating systems, it depends on your phone’s camera. Please visit the official DJI website for a full compatibility list.
- 13.Why does it take so much time to generate DynamicZoom videos?
The stabilization and zooming algorithms require more time for calculations.
- 14.Can I use manual metering, focus, and zoom when shooting motionlapse videos?
Motionlapse does not support manual zoom, but you can adjust other general parameters.
- 15.How many camera points can I set for Motionlapse?
- 16.Can I also save the original photos when shooting a Panorama?
Yes. You can enable the “Save Pano Original” function in the camera settings under Pano mode.
- 17.Where are photos and videos captured by DJI OM 5 stored?
All photos and videos will be saved to your smartphone's album.
- 18.Can I use Glamour Effects for photos and video?
Yes. Some smartphones support shooting 1080p or 720p videos with Glamour Effects enabled.
- 19.Can Glamour Effects be enabled when shooting with the front and back camera?
- 20.Can I live stream with the DJI Mimo app?
- 21.Can I use an external microphone connected to my smartphone while recording with the DJI Mimo app?
- 22.For multi-lens devices, which lens does the DJI Mimo app use?
It supports all lenses on iPhone devices. You can choose whichever one you need.
For Android devices, it depends on the camera of your phone. Generally, it supports the main camera and ultra-wide-angle cameras on most smartphones.
- 23.How many panorama modes does DJI OM 5 support? What are the differences？
There are three different panoramas, all of which support landscape and portrait shooting:
1. 3×3 Panorama automatically takes and stitches together nine photos;
2. 240° Panorama automatically takes and merges seven photos;
3. CloneMe Pano automatically takes and merges three photos.
- 24.What is the difference between saving photos and videos on Android versus iOS systems?
iOS will save the photos and videos to the album. Android will save photos and videos in storage or on a microSD card.
- 25.How do I use ShotGuides?
There are two ways to enable ShotGuides:
1. Launch the DJI Mimo App, select Video mode, and point your camera toward a subject or scene. DJI OM 5 will automatically recognize the content in the frame and provide corresponding shooting guides. Tap to switch to ShotGuides mode; 2. Launch the DJI Mimo app and select ShotGuides in camera mode.
- 1.Can I swap out the battery?
- 2.How do I charge DJI OM 5? What is the charging current for it?
You can charge DJI OM 5 via the Type-C USB charging port on the right side of the handle. The recommended charging current is 2 A.
- 3.Can I charge a mobile device with DJI OM 5?
- 4.Do I need to activate the battery before use?
- 5.Can I use DJI OM 5 while it is being charged by a portable charging device?
- 6.Can I use the DJI OM 5 USB charging cable to charge other devices?
It is not recommended.
- 1.How do I know which device is mine if there are multiple DJI OM 5 units near my phone?
Each device has a number on the side of the phone holder. Users can choose the device in the DJI Mimo app. Users can also change the device name in the app.
- 2.What should I do if I want to connect DJI OM 5 to another phone?
1. Disconnect the previous phone and disable its Bluetooth, then connect DJI OM 5 to another smartphone.
2. When powering on OM 5, press the switch button, trigger, and shutter button at the same time for one second to clear the existing connection, and then connect OM 5 to another smartphone.
- 3.What should I do when DJI OM 5 is connected to my phone but is not functioning?
1. Turn off your DJI OM 5;
2. Clear the previous connection in the Bluetooth settings of your smartphone. Disable and then enable the Bluetooth of the smartphone;
3. Restart DJI Mimo.
* If the above steps do not solve the problem, you can directly connect to Bluetooth in the DJI Mimo app, and choose not to pair the devices.
- 1.What is the size of the mounting hole at the bottom of the gimbal?
The mounting hole at the bottom of DJI OM 5 is the standard 1/4"- 20 UNC port, which is compatible with most tripods.
- 2.Can I attach an external lens to my phone when using DJI OM 5?
Yes. However, external lenses may affect the balance of the gimbal. Large, heavy lenses are not recommended. Please ensure the total weight of the lense and smartphone is less than 290 grams.
- 3.Is DJI OM 5 compatible with the DJI OM 4 Grip Tripod?
- 4.Can DJI OM 5 be stored in the Osmo Carrying Case?
- 5.How many color temperature options does the DJI OM Fill Light Phone Clamp support?
The DJI OM Fill Light Phone Clamp support three color temperature options: neutral, cold, and warm.
- 6.How many brightness levels does the phone clamp with built-in LED auxiliary lights support?
The built-in LED lights support three brightness levels: high, mid, and low.