Magnetic phone clamp 2: Aluminum alloy and stainless steel
Storage pouch: Faux suede
Extension rod：Aluminum alloy
2. The mobile phone system should be Android 8.0 or above, or iOS 12.0 or above.
2. Built-in extension rod;
3. Newly developed ShotGuides function;
4. Optimized intelligent tracking algorithms;
5. Brand new magnetic phone clamp 2, larger clamping range, and stronger phone protection;
6. Newly developed DJI OM fill light phone clamp.
Our engineers have performed strict life-cycle tests on the magnetic phone clamp, and ensure that the scratches produced within warranty will not affect the normal performance and functions of OM 5.
The magnetic design may influence other magnetic products. Do not put OM 5 near a bank card, cardiac pacemaker, RAM chips, hard drive, or similar devices.
Align the dots on the phone clamp and the roll motor of the gimbal. After attaching your phone onto the gimbal, rotate the roll motor and make sure the phone and gimbal are locked.
2. Clear the paired devices in the Bluetooth settings of your smartphone. Disable and then enable the Bluetooth of the smartphone;
3. Restart DJI Mimo.
* If the above steps do not solve the problem, you can directly connect to Bluetooth in the DJI Mimo app, and choose not to pair the devices.
Check whether the version number, serial number, and power of OM 5 can be obtained in the DJI Mimo settings interface.
This problem is related to the Bluetooth system of mobile phone manufacturers, and is prone to appear when connecting OM 5 to an iPhone with iOS 13.5 system and Huawei phones with EMUI10.1 system.
1. Adjust the position of the Magnetic Phone Clamp, moving it away from the camera until the gimbal is not visible in the camera's view (applicable to iPhone 11 Pro, OPPO realme X2 Pro, OPPO Reno 2, Samsung S10+, etc.).
2. When used with DJI OM 5, some mobile phones have to be clamped at upper third of the phone body for balancing, which, however, makes the gimbal become powerless. When using a P40 with DJI OM 5, we recommend that you increase the wide-angle rate. After testing, we found that the gimbal is invisible in the frame when using P40 at 0.8X.
DJI OM 5 also supports controlling with a palm or V gesture.
1. Press the trigger to track the subject in the middle of the frame automatically;
2. Manually select and track the subject in the app interface;
3. Enable Gesture Control, and perform a palm or V gesture to begin tracking, take a photo, or record a video.
2. You can also switch between portrait and landscape by rotating the gimbal (roll axis) manually.
Once standby mode is enabled, press any button to exit the mode.
1. After connecting OM 5 to the DJI Mimo app, click the settings icon on the upper right corner of the interface, and there is a switch for you to enable Sport mode.
2. After powering on OM 5, press and hold the Trigger to enter Sport mode.
The difference between the two ways:
If Sport mode is enabled in DJI Mimo (way 1), the device can remain in Sport mode all the time. If Sport mode is enabled by holding the Trigger button, the device will exit Sport mode once the operator has released the button.
When in Sport mode, OM 5 can respond to the operator's operations more quickly.
1. Switch between the front and back cameras in the DJI Mimo app.
2. Press the switch button.
2. It supports controlling Huawei mobile phones (EMUI 10.0 and above) to capture photos/zoom/, to switch between the front and back cameras, and to switch between the photo shooting and video recording mode.
3. For more mobile phone compatibility details, you can refer to the DJI OM 5 Phone Compatibility List on DJI's official website.
2. When powering on OM 5, press the M button, trigger, and shutter button at the same time for one second to clear the existing connection, and then connect OM 5 to another smartphone.
2. Perform Gimbal Auto Calibration;
3. If the issue remains after the auto calibration is complete, perform Horizontal Gimbal Adjustment in the DJI Mimo app.
2. Motionlapse allows users to record a moving timelapse video by setting camera points.
3. Hyperlapse allows users to record everything passing by as they hold the gimbal and walk. ActiveTrack 4.0 provides more options for flexible shooting.
2. For Android phones, due to compatibility differences among manufacturers, only some models support the manual adjustment of camera parameters at this time.
iPhone 12 series products support shooting HDR videos with Glamour enabled.
There is no compatibility list regarding external microphones.
For Android devices, it depends on the camera of your phone. Generally, it supports the main camera and ultra-wide-angle cameras on most smartphones.
1. 3×3 Panorama automatically takes and stitches together nine photos;
2. 240° Panorama automatically takes and merges seven photos;
3. CloneMe Pano automatically takes and merges three photos.
*The above values are tested under ideal conditions.
Users can also check the Bluetooth connection status in real time through the DJI Mimo app.
1. Forget the connected devices in the Bluetooth settings of your mobile phone;
2. Press and hold the shutter button, trigger, and switch button simultaneously for one second to forget the connected devices.