DJI Academy And RMUS Canada Launch Drone Pilot Training Program In Canada
New Training Centers Across Canada
Jun 16, 2021 – DJI, the world’s leader in civilian drones and aerial imaging technology, and RMUS Canada, the leading unmanned systems fleet management provider in North America, have formed a national group of Canada’s premier RPAS training companies to launch official DJI Academy UTC programs and RMUS Aircraft Certification programs in Canada.
As drone usage continues expanding in Canada and more industries adopt and expand drone programs, the RMUS Canada EDU Network allows individuals to develop the knowledge and skills to become safe and confident professional drone pilots. This joint training and certification partnership provides businesses and government agencies with leading edge training, operational standards and Transport Canada licensing preparation to help them build out high-performing drone programs.
“DJI Academy offers a comprehensive set of tools, curriculum and hands-on instruction to help people become skilled drone pilots, fleet managers and industrial operators. We’re excited to partner with the experts at RMUS Canada to bring this opportunity to people across the country,” said Andrew Zhu, CEO of DJI Academy. “More Canadian farms, businesses, first responders, photographers and other enterprises are putting drones to use every day, and DJI Academy will help provide the workforce to realize the full potential of drone technology.”
“DJI Academy brings to Canada proven content and certification from the RPAS industry’s undisputed market leader and RMUS is excited to have been chosen by DJI to lead this initiative in Canada. Partnering with Canada’s top RPAS training organizations to deliver the program will be a huge step in the continued development of Canadian RPAS Pilots,” said Kevin Toderel of RMUS Canada. “It is great to be working with such a talented and committed group of individuals.”
This is the first North American implementation of DJI Academy, a global initiative from DJI that has trained more than 80,000 drone pilots around the world. The UTC Program curriculum is designed for specific industry applications, including crop protection, inspection, aerial photography, mapping and emergency response. All courses include product training, hands-on experience, best practices, regulatory compliance and industry knowledge. Trainees who complete the curriculum must pass a theory exam and a practical flight test before they can be certified.
RMUS Canada is launching this alliance with five training centers that represent all of Canada and both official languages:
- DJI Academy Vancouver, Drone Academy Canada, Vancouver, BC. Paul Baur, CEO: “Drone Academy Canada’s partnership based in Vancouver is enthusiastic to team up with DJI and RMUS to offer enterprise-level drone training in addition to its online courses, expert-level consulting expertise, and over 20 years’ experience in both manned and unmanned aviation. We look forward to serving individuals and organizations across Canada with our drone programs.”
- DJI Academy Western Canada, In-Flight Data, Calgary, AB. Chris Healey, CEO: “We are very excited to bring this professional-grade, enterprise drone training to clients exclusively to DJI pilots in Western Canada, for working professionals such as oil and gas inspectors, hydro dam engineers and public safety responders.”
- DJI Academy RMUS Toronto West, Element 3 Robotics, Burlington, ON. Andy Olesen, CEO: “Element 3 Robotics Inc. is proud to have been selected to support the DJI UTC program in Canada. DJI is a recognized leader in the drone industry. Their support and commitment to providing a training program will serve to add to that recognition.”
- DJI Academy Toronto East, AlteX Academy, Toronto, ON. Yifei Zhao, Operations Director: “Manufacturer equipment training is an essential step to ensuring operational safety. AlteX Academy is excited to be one of the first to offer DJI Enterprise Certification in partnership with RMUS and DJI’s UTC program.”
- DJI Academy Montreal, Koptr Image, Montreal, QC. Jean-Guy Ouellet, CEO: “KoptR Image, the first RPAS/UAV/Drone training center in Canada, is proud to team up with DJI and RMUS to become the Montreal-RMUS UTC-DJI Academy. With more than 10 years of experience in drones, teaching and operations, KoptR Image is excited to join the DJI Academy training centers across the globe, allowing us to continue to serve our customers and give them the best service in the industry.”
With Canada’s RPAS training leaders on board, we are looking forward to a national launch in June of 2021. Please joins for the launch webinar Tuesday June 22, 1 PM EDT to learn more about the program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0ing9HZHIw
DJI is a global leader in developing and manufacturing civilian drones and aerial imaging technology for personal and professional use. DJI was founded and is run by people with a passion for remote-controlled helicopters and experts in flight-control technology and camera stabilization. The company is dedicated to making aerial photography and filmmaking equipment and platforms more accessible, reliable and easier to use for creators and innovators around the world. DJI’s global operations currently span across the Americas, Europe and Asia, and its revolutionary products and solutions have been chosen by customers in over 100 countries for applications in filmmaking, construction, inspection, emergency response, agriculture, conservation and many other industries.
About RMUS Canada
RMUS Canada is the leading commercial inspection robotics provider in Canada specializing in Aerial and Ground Robotics. RMUS Canada provides vetted equipment sales, education and certification programs (online and in person), and professional technical support services. RMUS, or Rocky Mountain Unmanned Systems, was founded in Utah in 2014 and expanded into the Canadian market in 2019 with the acquisition of the UAV division of Gap Wireless, Canada’s first DJI Enterprise partner.