A new firmware v3.06 has been released for Phantom 2 series of drones. Here are the main updates:
- Main controller firmware updated to v3.06.
- Central board firmware updated to v126.96.36.199.
- DJI Vision App updated to iOS v1.0.42 and Android v1.0.52.
- Phantom 2 PC Assistant updated to v3.2.
Main controller Major New Features:
- Added two levels of battery warnings: Low Battery Level Warning and Critical Battery Level Warning. When enabled, Auto Go-home will be activated if the battery level reaches a Low Battery Level Warning. Setup these warnings using either the DJI Phantom Assistant or DJI Vision App.
- When the battery level reaches a Critical Battery Level Warning, the aircraft will automatically land. The motors will power off after landing.
- Descending speed will be automatically adjusted based on current altitude when the battery level reaches a Critical Battery Level Warning.
- Minimum adjustable height limit set to 20m.
- Magnetic declination value stored to improve flight course accuracy.
- New fix of video signal problem that affect some Phantom 2 Vision users.
- Various bug fixes.
DJI Vision App Major New Features:
- The current battery level can now be viewed real-time through the DJI Vision App, via a battery level indicator bar near the top of the screen.
- “Hotline” feature for easy access to post-sales supports.
- “Compass Calibration” feature added.
- “Low Battery Auto Go Home” feature added.
Phantom 2 PC Assistant Major New Features:
- Added Japanese as a supported language.
- To upgrade main controller firmware to v3.06 or above is required.
- For Phantom 2 users, be aware that aircraft will now automatically return to the Home point on Low Battery Level Warning. If you wish to disable the auto go-home feature, launch DJI Phantom Assistant, enter “Battery Settings” section and de-select the “Go-Home” option.