Please follow the steps and activate DJI RSC 2:
1. Press the power button and hold to power on the gimbal;
2. Enable Bluetooth on your mobile device;
3. Launch the Ronin app, register/log in with your DJI account, select DJI RSC 2 on the equipment list, enter the default password 12345678, and follow the app's instructions to activate. A network connection is required throughout the activation;
4. DJI RSC 2 will enter sleep mode after successful activation. Press the power button twice to exit sleep mode before use.
How do I update firmware with DJI RSC 2?
Please follow the steps to update the firmware of DJI RSC 2:
1. Press the power button and hold to power on the gimbal;
2. Launch the Ronin app, connect to the gimbal, and select DJI RSC 2 on the equipment list;
3. Whenever there is a new firmware version available for update, you will see a prompt on the top of the main interface of the Ronin app, tap "Update Now" and do not turn off the gimbal or exit the app until firmware update is complete. When the update is done, you will be prompted by a pop-up window. Tap Exit to finish firmware update;
4. If the firmware update fails, please restart the gimbal and try again.
Is DJI RSC 2 waterproof?
No. The power/data port on DJI RSC 2 is not waterproof or dustproof. Please keep away from water and dust during use.
What material is DJI RSC 2 made of?
The primary material used or DJI RSC 2's construction is aluminum alloy.
How do I power on/off DJI RSC 2?
Press and hold the power button to power on/off the gimbal.
What cameras and lenses are supported by DJI RSC 2?
Refer to the DJI Ronin Series Camera Compatibility Search for more information on camera compatibility: www.dji.com/rsc-2
How do I enable Briefcase mode?
When powered on: When DJI RSC 2 is in Upright mode, rotate the lock knob to lower the gimbal, then tighten the knob, press the trigger twice and the gimbal will automatically switch to Briefcase mode;
When powered off: When DJI RSC 2 is in Upright mode, rotate the lock knob to lower the gimbal, then tighten the knob, power on the gimbal and it will automatically enter Briefcase mode;
Does DJI RSC 2 have any key shortcuts?
1. Power Button
Press and hold to power on and off
Press once or twice to enter or exit sleep mode
Tap once (when the Ronin RavenEye Image Transmission System is mounted and turned on): Start ActiveTrack
Press and hold: Enter Lock mode
Press twice: Recenter the gimbal
Press three times: Enter Portrait mode
3. Built-in Front Dial
Electronic focusing (default setting)
4. Camera Control Button
Press halfway: Control auto focus
Press once: Start or stop recording
Press and hold: Take photos
Push up or pull down: Control the tilt direction (by default)
Push left or right: Control the pan direction (by default)
6. M Button
Press once: Switch user profiles
Press and hold: Enter Sport mode
Press and hold while pressing the trigger twice: Lock Sport mode (eliminates the need to hold the button), repeat to exit
Press twice: Enter Portrait mode, repeat to exit
Press three times: Enter Roll 360. Repeat to exit. In Roll 360, push the joystick to the left or right side twice
and the camera will rotate automatically. Press the trigger twice to stop.
Press and hold the M Button and trigger: Auto Calibration
Is the battery grip of DJI RSC 2 removable?
No. DJI RSC 2 has increased battery capacity to support up to 14 hours of battery life and allow use while charging. Use PD or QC 2.0 18W charger for fast charging.
What is the max payload supported by DJI RSC 2?
We do not list maximum payload as camera setups can vary; however, we have tested DJI RSC 2 with a dynamic payload of 3.0 kg during handheld use.
How do I enable SuperSmooth?
Tap the "Gimbal Calibration" icon on the touchscreen of the gimbal, and enable SuperSmooth mode in the menu. After enabling SuperSmooth, tap to perform gimbal calibration for better stabilization.
Notes: Before using the SuperSmooth, ensure the lens is properly fixed to the gimbal with the lens-fastening strap.
What are the differences between SuperSmooth and the normal stabilization of DJI RSC 2?
Compared with normal stabilization:
1. SuperSmooth can stabilize lenses of up to 100mm equivalent focal length and can generally capture more stabilized footage than is possible with normal gimbal use;
2. SuperSmooth requires a lens support and lens-fastening strap before use.
What is the battery life of DJI RSC 2?
The DJI RSC 2 can be used for up to 14 hours when the battery is fully charged and the gimbal is well balanced.
How long does it take to fully charge the battery of DJI RSC 2?
When using an 18W charger, DJI RSC 2 can be fully charged in 2 hours.
Can I use DJI RSC 2 while charging?
Yes (except in high/low temperatures)
What chargers does DJI RSC 2 support?
It is recommended to use chargers that comply with PD or QC 2.0 fast charging protocol with a charging power of 18W to charge the battery of DJI RSC 2. Any charger with higher power will only be charging DJI RSC 2 at 18W.
What Ronin products does the Ronin app support?
The Ronin app supports Ronin 2, Ronin-S, Ronin-SC, DJI RS 2, and DJI RSC 2.
How many waypoints can I set for Timelapse and Track in the Ronin app?
When using DJI RSC 2, you can set up to five waypoints for Timelapse and up to 10 waypoints for Track. You can find operation guidance for Timelapse and Track in the tutorial: "DJI RSC 2 - Intelligent Features"
Can I adjust camera parameters in the Ronin app?
Yes. You can adjust parameters like ISO and exposure when using certain cameras with DJI RSC 2 in the Ronin app. You can set parameters in “Create" -> "Camera Settings.”You can also swipe up on the LCD screen to enter the front dial settings page, and select a parameter to be controlled by the front dial, such as ISO and aperture. For compatible camera models, please refer to the Ronin Series Compatibility Search at dji.com.
How do I enable the different modes of DJI RSC 2?
Underslung mode: Enter sleep mode, put DJI RSC 2 upside down, turn the roll axis 180°, and then exit sleep mode;
Flashlight mode: Hold DJI RSC 2 horizontally;
Re-center: Press the trigger twice;
Selfie mode: Press the trigger three times;
Sleep mode: Press the Power button twice to enter sleep mode, and then press twice again to exit sleep mode;
3D Roll 360: Select 3D Roll 360 in Follow Mode in the main screen of DJI RSC 2;
Sport mode: Press and hold the M button to enter Sport mode, and then release the button to exit the mode.
Remain in Sport mode: Press and hold the M button and press the trigger twice to remain in Sport mode. Repeat to exit Sport mode;
Portrait mode: Press the M button twice, or tap Portrait in the Follow Mode.
When using ActiveTrack with DJI RSC 2, what is the difference between tracking a person and an object in terms of operation?
When tracking a person, we suggest pressing the trigger once to select the subject in the center of the frame. When tracking an object, we suggest framing the subject for more accurate recognition.
When using ActiveTrack with DJI RSC 2/DJI RS 2, how do I use different focal lengths, and how do I adjust tracking speed?
To get smooth footage, we suggest setting the tracking speed to 20 when using a lens of 24mm-equivalent focal length. Note: data was measured on Sony α7 III. Increase the tracking speed for equivalent focal lengths less than 24 mm, and vice versa.
How many people/objects can DJI RSC 2 follow using ActiveTrack?
DJI RSC 2 can follow one subject at a time during ActiveTrack.
Can ActiveTrack be used on DJI RSC 2 the same way as it is used on DJI Ronin-SC?
No, DJI RSC 2 can only use ActiveTrack 3.0 with the RavenEye Image Transmission System.
When using RavenEye, where is footage saved?
When DJI RSC 2 is connected to Ronin RavenEye Image Transmission System, photos and videos are saved in two ways:
1. On the SD card in the camera;
2. On the SD card and the mobile device. If you want to cache in the mobile device, please follow these instructions: In the image transmission interface of the Ronin app, tap the Settings icon on the upper left corner, select Shutter, and select Cache or Shoot + Cache. If you choose "Cache," the mobile device will start caching after tapping the shutter, whereas the SD card will not save the photos and videos. If you choose "Shoot + Cache," the mobile device will start caching after tapping the shutter, and the SD card will save the photos and videos as well.
Note: Videos cached in the mobile devices are 1080/30fps. Android systems save footage in the album; iOS systems save footage in the Ronin app, and the user can download to album during playback.
How do I use ActiveTrack on DJI RSC 2?
The ActiveTrack function of DJI RSC 2 requires the Ronin RavenEye Image Transmission System. Before using ActiveTrack, please ensure all connections needed are in place.
1. Enter the Ronin app's image transmission interface. When the center frame aims at the subject, press the trigger once to start ActiveTrack;
2. Enter the image transmission interface in the Ronin app, enable ActiveTrack, and frame the subject to follow. The frame will turn green once selecting the subject is possible.
Note: If the tracking frame turns red, it means the subject is lost. Please exit ActiveTrack and frame the subject again.
When using Force Mobile of DJI RSC 2 on the Ronin app, what is the maximum control distance?
Approximately 25 meters in environments free of interference and obstruction. Note: This distance was measured on iPhone XS in an open area.
What quick-release plate is DJI RSC 2 compatible with?
DJI RSC 2 has dual-layer quick-release plates. The DJI R Quick-Release Plate (Lower) is compatible with Manfrotto 501 standard. The DJI R Quick-Release Plate (Upper) is compatible with both Arca and Manfrotto equipment, such as tripods and stabilizers. However, not all third-party Arca and Manfrotto quick-release plates can be used on DJI RSC 2.
What phone width does the DJI R phone holder support?
We suggest using phones within 65 to 90 mm in width. If the phone is narrower than the minimum width, attach a phone case and try again.
Is DJI R phone holder compatible with Ronin-S/SC/DJI RSC 2?
The DJI R phone holder is compatible with DJI RSC 2. Only the clamp is compatible Ronin-S and Ronin-SC, whereas the base mount is not compatible with these two models.
Are Ronin-S/SC phone holders compatible with DJI RSC 2？
Only the clamp is compatible with DJI RSC 2, whereas the base mount is not compatible.
How do I control the gimbal without a cable connection?
1. Use RavenEye Image Transmission System; 2. Use the Ronin app to control remotely via Bluetooth.
How do I use the RavenEye Image Transmission System separately from the gimbal?
Connect the RavenEye Image Transmission system to the camera via HDMI cable to use it remotely from the gimbal.
How do I use third-party focus motors?
The third-party motor should be compatible with the 12mm Focus Motor Rod to work with the DJI Ronin Focus Motor.
How long can the internal battery last on RavenEye?
RavenEye internal battery lasts approximately 3.5 hours.
How long does it take to fully charge the battery on RavenEye?
It takes approximately 2.5 hours to charge the RavenEye internal battery fully.
What video output formats does the RavenEye image transmission module support?