- 1.What are the flight capabilities of the T20?
Maximum flight altitude: 30 m
Maximum transmission distance: 3 km (measured at a flight altitude of 2.5 m)
Maximum flight speed: 10 m/s, Maximum operational flight speed: 7 m/s
Takeoff time: 15 minutes (when weighing 27.5 kg), 10 minutes (when weighing 42.6 kg)
- 2.How much area can the T20 cover in an hour?
The T20 can spray up to 12 hectares per hour (29.65 acres) with a spray width of 6.5 m, a speed of 6.5 m/s, and an altitude of 2 m.
- 3.What directions do the propellers of the T20 rotate?
As displayed in the graphic below, the M2, M4, and M5 propellers rotate clockwise. The M1, M3, and M6 propellers rotate counterclockwise.
- 4.What are the differences between the overall layout and rotational direction of the propellers on the T20 and other conventional 6-rotor drones?
The layout and rotational direction of the propellers on the T20 create a steadier downward air-flow, which reduces the effect of upward mist, increases the spray width, and generates better sedimentation.
- 5.Can a single remote controller be used to control multiple T20 aircraft?
- 6.How do I link the T20 aircraft to its remote controller?
After powering on the aircraft and allowing it to perform a self-check, press and hold the power button for five seconds to begin linking the two devices.
- 7.Does the T20 have a separate GPS version and RTK version?
The T20 is equipped with the RTK+GNSS Dual Redundancy System. There is not a separate version.
- 8.Does the T20 support the D-RTK 2?
- 9.Can FPV videos be saved?
No. FPV videos cannot be saved.
- 10.Is there any required assembly for the T20?
No. The T20 does not need to be assembled. After activation, it is ready for use.
- 11.Can the T20 airframe be folded?
Yes. The T20 can be quickly folded to 25% of its original size.
- 12.After inserting the batteries inside the T20, will it power on automatically?
No. You must press and hold the power button on the battery to start the T20.
- 13.Are the remote controls of T20 and T16 compatible?
They can be compatible via a software upgrade.
- 14.What is a safe distance to operate the T20 during takeoff and landing?
It is recommended that you keep a distance of at least 10 m.
- Spraying System
- 1.What is the maximum volume of liquid the T20 spray tank can hold? Can the spray tank be replaced quickly?
The standard spray tank can hold 15.1 L of liquid, and the maximum volume is 20 L. Operators can replace the spray tank quickly.
- 2.Are tanks of T20 and T16 interchangeable?
Yes, but you need to replace the lotus base, check valve and other accessories. For details, please call the aftersales staff at 4007000303.
Note: If T16 is attached with a T20 tank, its load cannot exceed 15kg due to the battery power.
- 3.What is the pump pressure range of the T20?
- 4.What is the maximum spray rate of the T20?
When equipped with the SX11001VS nozzle, the T20 can spray at a rate of 3.6 L/min. When equipped with the SX110015VS nozzle, it sprays at a rate of 4.8 L/min.When equipped with the XR11002VS nozzle, it sprays at a rate of 6.0 L/min.
- 5.Are the nozzles of T20 compatible with those of T16?
- 6.How has the electromagnetic flowmeter on the T20 improved?
The T20 is equipped with a 4-channel electromagnetic flow meter, which has made calibration for the pumps and the discharging of air bubbles incredibly easy. With a closed-loop control technology, spraying precision and evenness of a single pipe has greatly improved.
- 7.Does T20 display the remaining pesticide level in real time and record refill time automatically?
- 1.What functions does T20’s omnidirectional digital radar support?
It supports horizontal obstacle avoidance in all directions, autonomous detour and terrain adaptation.
The horizontal obstacle avoidance function can detects obstacles in a 360º sweep of T20, slows the drone down as it approaches obstacles to avoid the obstacles with the drone hovering in place.
The autonomous detour function generates an optimal path to avoid unexpected obstacles.
The terrain adaptation function changes the altitude of the drone in response to changes in terrain height to ensure a constant relative height to the ground.
- 2.Is T20’s omnidirectional digital radar interchangeable with the DBF imaging radar of T16?
T20’s high-precision radar can be installed and used on T16.
Note: To do this, you must upgrade T16 to V02.03.0135 or higher version and replace its landing gear and radar bracket.
- 3.When T20 works on the edge of a plot with trees, how can I solve the problem of triggering obstacle avoidance?
Find the radar settings in the operation interface and enable the edge sweeping radar function.
- 4.What is the obstacle avoidance distance of T20?
T20 will start to decelerate when its radar detects an obstacle with a diameter above 1 cm 15 meters away, and hover in place about 2.5 meters away from the obstacle.
- Orchard Mode 3.0
- 1.What operation modes are supported by Fruit Tree Mode 3.0?
Continuous spray - automatic isometric planning
Continuous spray - automatic tree center planning
Continuous spray - semi-automatic planning
Continuous spray - manual planning
Spot spray - automatic tree center planning
Spot spray - semi-automatic planning
- 2.To which scenarios does the Fruit Tree Mode apply?
In addition to normal operations on orchards on level terrain, the Fruit Tree Mode is better suited for crops on mountainous or uneven terrain with large altitude changes, such as tea crops, orange orchards, and peach orchards in mountainous regions.
- 3.What computer configuration is recommended for the Fruit Tree Mode?
DJI Terra requires Windows 7 or above (64-bit).
- 4.Can the aerial photography in the Fruit Tree Mode be performed with ordinary aerial photography drones such as Phantom 4?
No. Ordinary aerial photography drones cannot guarantee the precision.
- 5.Can the Phantom 4 Multispectral Edition replace Phantom 4 RTK in fruit tree site mapping?
This is not supported currently.
- 6.Does Fruit Tree Mode require the use of RTK?
Yes, RTK is required to ensure the precision of planning and operation.
- 1.How to pair T20 with its remote control?
On the startup interface of the remote control, tap
, “Remote Control” and then “Pair” to trigger paring by the remote control. Turn on T20 and then press and hold the battery power button for 5s to trigger pairing of the drone. Wait a few seconds for the devices to pair.
- 2.How to remove the air in the pipeline of T20 with one button?
On the operation interface, tap the spray button and hold it for 2s to remove the air in the pipeline; Alternatively, go to the Settings interface of the spray system and tap “Start Removing” to remove the air in the pipeline.
- 3.What products in the T20 kit need to be activated?
Remote Control 2.0, T20 Aerial Application Drone, network RTK, 2600W four-channel smart charger, and RTK high-precision positioning module need to be activated.
- 4.Can T20 work in the area not covered by the network RTK?
T20 can work:
(1) With the RTK signals provided by the D-RTK 2 mobile station;
(2) With the GNSS positioning by disabling the RTK positioning function.
- 5.Can T16 achieve the RTK precision when working on the plot planned by the T20 remote control with the high-precision RTK module?
- 6.What operation modes are supported by T20?
(1) Manual mode, which allows flexible operation and applies to small plots, edge sweep, and operations in mountainous terrain;
(2) Enhanced Manual mode, in which the course is locked to reduce missing spray in the manual operations. This mode applies to small plots and mountainous terrain;
(3) Points A-B mode, which allows to engage automatic flight quickly, and applies to plots in regular shapes such as rectangles, triangles and trapezoids;
(4) Flightpath Mode, which allows fully autonomous flight, and applies to plots in irregular shapes, large plots, and fruit trees on level ground;
(5) Fruit Tree mode, which supports fully autonomous flight along 3D flightpaths, and applies to tea plantations and fruit tree orchards on mountainous terrain or slopes and other plots on undulating terrain.
- 7.Where can I find video tutorials for T20?
Follow “DJI Agriculture” on Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube to view video tutorials.
- 8.How to apply to unlock the usage of aerial application drones in no-fly zones?
Log into https://www.dji.com/cn/flysafe/custom-unlock
and follow the instructions to submit the necessary application materials.
- 9.How to update the firmware?
On the main interface of the remote control app, find the Firmware Update interface in the bottom-left corner. Download the latest firmware to update the remote control and drone. For detailed instructions, follow the “DJI Agricultural Services” official account on WeChat and watch relevant videos.
- 10.What is the safe distance of T20?
Stay at least 5m away from the drone during operation.
- Battery and Charger
- 1.Are the smart batteries of T20 and T16 interchangeable?
Yes, but when you use the battery of T16 on T20, be sure that the load does not exceed 15kg.
- 2.How long is the service life of T20's battery?
For the smart battery of T20, 600 cycles is under warranty. Charging and discharging by at least 80% is counted as 1 cycle.
- 3.Can the 2600W four-channel smart charger charge T20's battery, T16's battery, and the MG battery?
Yes. However, the T-series batteries cannot be charged simultaneously with the MG-series batteries.
- 4.How long does the 2600W four-channel smart charger take to charge a battery?
Slow mode: The charger can charge four batteries simultaneously to full charge in about 80 minutes;
Fast mode: The charger can charge one battery at a time to full charge in 15-20 minutes.
- 5.What is the recommended power of the generator for the 2600W four-channel smart charger?
The actual power of the generator must be 3000W at least. With factors such as generator aging considered, we recommended that the rated power of the generator shall be greater than 3500W.
- Spreading System
- 1.How does the Spreading System 2.0 calculate spreading parameters?
For detailed instructions, follow the “DJI Agricultural Services” official account on WeChat and watch relevant tutorial videos.
- 2.What models are supported by Spreading System 2.0?
T16 and T20.
- 3.How to install the spreading system?
For detailed instructions, follow the “DJI Agricultural Services” official account on WeChat and watch relevant tutorial videos.
- 4.Granules in what size can be spread by Spreading System 2.0?
The spreading system can spread granules with a diameter of 0.5-5mm.
- Obstacle Avoidance
- 1.Is manual operation required when using the active obstacle circumvention feature on the T20?
No. When using the active obstacle circumvention feature, the T20 can circumvent obstacles automatically without manual operation.
- 2.How does the T20 activate obstacle point cloud imaging through its radar system?
Obstacle point cloud imaging operates through digital beamforming technology. The obstacle’s width, directional angle, and location can be sensed in real time so that the T20 can bypass it.
- 3.In what direction does the high-precision radar operate?
The omnidirectional digital radar can sense obstacles horizontally and covers 360°.
- 4.Is T20’s omnidirectional digital radar interchangeable with the DBF imaging radar of T16?
T20’s high-precision radar can be installed and used on T16. Note: You must upgrade T16 to use this function.
- 5.Does the T20 support obstacle avoidance when flying uphill?
Yes. However, it is less effective when flying up complex hilly terrains.
- AI Operation Planning
- 1.How does 3D operation planning function on the T20?
After capturing orthographic images with the Phantom 4 RTK, use DJI Terra, which supports Orchard mode, to complete a 3D mapping of the field. Once the operation field is selected, the AI system will automatically identify various attributes, such as crops and obstacles, and automatically generate 3D operational routes. After these routes are downloaded, the T20 will then begin working automatically.
- 2.What can DJI Terra identify while in Orchard mode via AI recognition technology?
DJI Terra can identify orchards, buildings, water surfaces, and utility poles.
- 3.Can the T20 spray above trees that have an uneven layout and are of varying heights?
Yes. DJI Terra can recognize the location and height of fruit trees thanks to 3D mapping and AI recognition. The T20 only targets fruit trees and adjusts its flight altitude according to the height of the tree, ensuring a consistent distance while operating.
- Remote Controller
- 1.How long does the battery of the T20 controller last?
The internal battery of the T20 can last for about 120 minutes, and the intelligent battery can last 120 minutes.
- 2.How does the remote control performance differ between T20 and T16?
T20's remote control has a CPU with a 50% higher hashrate, so that the apps run more smoothly.
- 3.Is the T20 controller equipped with a high-precision positioning module?
Yes. The external high-precision positioning module can obtain incredibly precise information, assist in flight planning, and improve operation efficiency and flight safety.
- 4.How do I run firmware upgrades for the T20 controller?
You can run firmware upgrades by using DJI Assistant 2 or by downloading the SD card firmware package from dji.com.
- 1.How to obtain the design drawings of DJI Agriculture and other promotional materials?
Contact email@example.com or consult your local dealer.
- 2.Can FPV videos be saved?