- 1.What are the differences between the D-RTK 2 High Precision GNSS Mobile Station and the D-RTK 2 High Precision GNSS Mobile Station For Matrice Series?
The D-RTK 2 High Precision GNSS Mobile Station is compatible with MG series and Phantom 4 RTK, whereas the D-RTK 2 High Precision GNSS Mobile Station For Matrice Series is compatible only with the Matrice 210 RTK V2.
The Matrice version has a "For Matrice Series" mark on the body of the MobileStation.
The Matrice version does not support Wi-Fi, and therefore cannot be used to set ground control points manually.
Both Mobile Stations can be updated via DJI Assistant 2. The Matrice version can be upgraded wirelessly via the app, and the Phantom version can be upgraded by connecting the Mobile Station to the remote controller using a USB Type-C cable.
- 2.Which satellite positioning systems does the D-RTK 2 High Precision GNSS Mobile Station (D-RTK 2 Mobile Station) support?
The D-RTK 2 Mobile Station supports GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and Beidou. It receives 11 satellite signals, including GPS L1, L2, L5; GLONASS L1, L2; Galileo E1, E5A, E5B and Beidou B1, B2, B3.
- 3.What is the difference between the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station and D-RTK?
There are 2 main differences:
a. Physical differences:
D-RTK is a module that includes 2 RTK receivers, antennas, and radio. One receiver can be used as the base station while the other as the rover station to transmit differential data via radio.
D-RTK 2 Mobile Station is an all-in-one product that integrates a high-precision receiver and transmission links, making it easy to set up and use.
D-RTK has two versions that receive GPS+BDS or GPS+ GLONASS signals depending on the region of purchase.
D-RTK 2 Mobile Station only has one version globally that supports four satellite navigation systems: GPS, BEIDOU, GLONASS, and Galileo, receiving 11 signals. The new antennas ensure better signal reception and higher positioning accuracy.
- 4.Which aircrafts is the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station compatible with?
It is compatible with Phantom 4 RTK, MG-1P RTK, and not with M210 RTK or D-RTK.
- 5.Why does the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station not support D-RTK?
Because the data links are different.
- 6.What does the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station do?
Currently it is a mobile RTK station, in the future it will be able to serve as a handheld mapping device and as a Continuously Operating Reference Station (CORS).
- Power Source
- 1.What are the power sources of the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station?
There are three power sources:
1. Internal battery WB37-4920mAh-7.6V
2. External battery (MG12000P)
3. AC power adapter
- 2.How long does the internal battery last?
At least two hours. The battery can be charged through the external power port on the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station, or removed and charged with the charger.
- 3.Does the internal battery need to be removed when the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station is not in use?
Yes. When not in use, please remove the battery. When powered off, the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station enters standby. If the battery is left in the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station, it will stand by for 10 days and then power off automatically to protect the battery, after which the battery needs to be changed or recharged.
- 4.Will the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station shut down when switching to an external power source?
When the internal battery is fully charged, the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station will stay on for at least two hours. If an external power source is connected before the internal battery is drained, the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station will continue to function, otherwise it will shut down.
- Using the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station
- 1.Do I need to calibrate the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station with a reference point?
If there is a point with known location coordinates, simply place the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station exactly on that point then input the coorinates in the App. Make sure the difference in distance between the input and actual coordinates is less than 5 meters, or the input will not work.
- 2.How does the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station sense movement and determine if it is upright?
The D-RTK 2 Mobile Station is equipped with a high-performance IMU to monitor the status of the device and send that information to the aircraft. If the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station is moved or toppled over, the aircraft will stop performing RTK functions and display the status of the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station in the remote controller app.
- 3.How do I import a fixed set of coordinates into the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station?
This can be done in the remote controller app, please see the user manual for more information.
- 4.How do I run updates on the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station?
Log in to DJI ASSISTANT 2 with your DJI account, connect the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station to the PC with a Type-C cable and run the firmware update.