- 1.Why is Mavic Mini's weight of 249 grams important?
The weight of 249 grams places Mavic Mini in the lowest and safest weight class of drones, which in many countries may exempt it from certain regulations. For example, in the United States and Canada, you can fly Mavic Mini without the need to register your drone with the government.
- 2.What is the maximum speed of Mavic Mini?
When the aircraft is in S mode, the maximum flight speed is 13 m/s.
- 3.Why can't I turn on Mavic Mini immediately after unboxing?
To ensure transportation safety, Mavic Mini flight batteries are set to Sleep mode before shipping. Simply connect the aircraft with the battery charger to activate the battery and begin using.
- 4.How do I activate Mavic Mini?
Connect your mobile device with the remote controller, then connect with Mavic Mini via the DJI Fly app. Follow the app instructions to activate Mavic Mini.
- 5.Does Mavic Mini come with a remote controller?
Yes. Mavic Mini comes with a dedicated remote controller, and the control sticks can even be detached for convenient transportation and storage.
- 6.What color options are available for Mavic Mini?
Currently, light gray is the only color option for Mavic Mini. However, a DIY Creative Kit is available, which provides blank shell stickers and colorful markers that can be used to personalize and decorate Mavic Mini. The DIY Kit can be purchased separately at the DJI Online Store.
- 7.How do I unfold Mavic Mini's arms?
Always unfold the front arms first, followed by the rear arms.
- 8.Does Mavic Mini have internal storage?
No. A microSD card is required in order to store images and footage.
- 9.What microSD cards are recommended for use with Mavic Mini?
Recommended microSD cards:
16 GB: SanDisk Extreme, Lexar 633x
32 GB: Samsung Pro Endurance, Samsung Evo Plus, SanDisk Industrial, Sandisk Extreme V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2, SanDisk Extreme Pro V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme Pro V30 A2, Lexar 633x, Lexar 667x
64 GB: Samsung Pro Endurance, Samsung Evo Plus, SanDisk Extreme V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2, Lexar 633x, Lexar 667x, Lexar 1000x, Lexar High Endurance, Toshiba EXCERIA M303 V30 A1, Netac Pro V30 A1
128 GB: Samsung Pro Plus, Samsung Evo Plus, SanDisk Extreme V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2, SanDisk Extreme Plus V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme Plus V30 A2, Lexar 633x, Lexar 667x, Lexar 1000x, Lexar High Endurance, Toshiba EXCERIA M303 V30 A1, Netac Pro V30 A1
256 GB: SanDisk Extreme V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2
- 10.Can I take photos or video without a microSD card?
Yes. However, when a microSD card is not installed, the photos or videos you take will be of a lower resolution (720p). It is recommended to install a microSD card before shooting.
- 11.Is Mavic Mini waterproof?
- 12.Does Mavic Mini support obstacle aviodance?
No. Use Mavic Mini with the 360° Propeller Guard to fully protect the propellers and improve flight safety.
- 13.Does Mavic Mini support automatic Return to Home (RTH)?
Yes. Always be sure to observe the surrounding environment carefully and set a proper altitude to avoid obstacles when using the Return to Home function.
- 14.Does Mavic Mini support QuickShots?
Yes. DJI Fly app QuickShot modes include Dronie, Circle, Helix, and Rocket. In the process of locking onto a subject during QuickShots, an algorithm must run on the app, which takes up a lot of memory on your mobile device. Therefore, app performance may be affected by mobile device type. It is also recommended to close any idle background apps or programs running on your mobile device before attempting to use QuickShots.
- 15.Can Mavic Mini track objects automatically?
- 16.What app does Mavic Mini work with?
Mavic Mini can only be used with the DJI Fly app, which has been designed to provide users with intuitive controls that make flight easier than ever. Users can even enjoy flight tutorials in the app to enhance flight safety.
- 17.Is there a way to apply to fly in a restricted zone?
Yes. You can apply for permission to operate in restricted flight areas using the DJI Fly app. Update the DJI Fly app to v1.0.4 and the aircraft firmware to v01.00.0400 to enable this function.
- 18.What is the difference in weight between the international version and Japanese version of Mavic Mini?
The international version of Mavic Mini weighs 249 grams. The Japanese version of Mavic Mini weighs 199 grams, as drones under 200 grams are not subject to the drone flight rules according to Japanese aviation law. Due to the difference in weight and capacity of the two batteries, always use the Japanese battery (1100 mAh) when using the Japanese version of Mavic Mini.
- 19.Can Mavic Mini download 2.7K videos to mobile devices?
- 20.Can I use the 360° Propeller Guard and the Snap Adapter at the same time?
It is not recommended to use these accessories together.
- 21.How can I download the DJI Fly app?
You can find the DJI Fly app in the app store, or you can scan the QR code on the DJI website.
- 22.Under what circumstances are there altitude and/or distance limitations on Mavic Mini?
a. During flight training, the altitude will be limited to 30 m, and the flight distance will be limited to 50 m.
b. When flying while not logged into a DJI account, the flight altitude will be limited to 30 m, and the flight distance will be limited to 50 m.
c. Flight altitude and distance limits can be set manually in the DJI Fly app.
d. When GPS signal is weak, the flight altitude of the aircraft will be limited.
e. When the aircraft is flying near a restricted flight zone, or in a GEO Zone with altitude limits.
For more information, please contact DJI SUPPORT.
- Gimbal and Camera
- 1.What are the major parameters of Mavic Mini's camera?
Mavic Mini is equipped with a 1/2.3-inch CMOS sensor with up to 12 million effective pixels.
- 2.What are the maximum photo and video resolutions supported by Mavic Mini?
2.7K: 2720×1530 25/30p
FHD: 1920×1080 25/30/50/60p
- 3.Can Mavic Mini's camera zoom?
- 4.What photo modes does Mavic Mini support?
Single Shot and Interval.
- Remote Controller
- 1.What operating frequency band does the remote controller support?
The Model MR1SD25 supports 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz dual frequency bands, while the Model MR1SS5 only supports 5.8 GHz.
- 2.What mobile devices are supported by the remote controller?
Mobile phones that are 6.5-8.5 mm thick and no more than 160 mm long will fit in the remote controller clamps comfortably. We strongly recommend you to remove the protective cover before attaching your mobile phone. Devices beyond this measurement range are not supported.
- 3.Does the remote controller support a USB-A female port?
No. A Micro USB OTG cable is required, which can be purchased at the DJI Online Store.
- 4.Can I connect the remote controller with an iPad?
The Mavic Mini remote controller can be used with an iPad; however, the app firmware is not yet optimized for this device, so users may experience some minor issues. We are currently working to optimize this device for use and we appreciate your patience. Additionally, when using an iPad, the included cable may not be long enough to connect. In this case, you can use a Micro USB OTG cable, which can be purchased at the DJI Online Store.
- 5.Does Mavic Mini support Wi-Fi control?
No. You can only operate Mavic Mini by using the remote controller.
- 6.What type of interface does Mavic Mini and the remote controller support?
Mavic Mini, the remote controller, and the Two-Way Charging Hub all support a Micro USB interface.
- 7.Does the remote controller support HDMI?
- 1.What is the maximum flight time of Mavic Mini?
With a fully charged battery, Mavic Mini offers up to 30 minutes of flight time.
- 2.Do I have to remove the propellers for storage and transportation?
- 3.How often do Mavic Mini propellers need to be replaced?
Before each flight, it is necessary to check the propellers for cracks, wear, warp, corrosion, and loose screws. If any of these conditions are present, the propellers should be replaced. Follow the instructions in the user manual to replace the propellers.
- 4.How can I change the propellers of Mavic Mini?
Use the included screwdriver to change the propellers. Please follow the instructions provided. Remove the two blades and screws on the same motor, and replace with the propellers in the same package with new screws. Attach the propellers with marks to the motors with marks, and the unmarked propellers to unmarked motors. Ensure that the propellers and motors are installed securely before each flight.
- 5.What do I need to know before installing the 360° Propeller Guard?
a. After attaching the 360° Propeller Guard, the service ceiling is reduced to 1500 m as there are some weight-related safety concerns when flying with this accessory at high altitudes.
b. To ensure flight safety, after attaching the 360° Propeller Guard, the maximum speed is limited to 8 m/s, the flight altitude is limited to 30 meters, and the flight distance is limited to 50 meters. Make sure to always fly carefully and within line of sight.
c. After attaching the 360° Propeller Guard, takeoff and hover and the aircraft will enter Payload mode within six seconds and notify the user. If the system does not detect the accessory, you can enable Payload mode manually in the DJI Fly app.
d. After attaching the 360° Propeller Guard, the aircraft will weigh more than 250 grams. This means that in some countries and regions, you may need to obtain a related license when flying with this accessory attached. Always be aware of and comply with local laws and regulations before flying.
- 6.What is the maximum wind resistance level of Mavic Mini?
Mavic Mini can hover stably at in wind speeds of up to 8 m/s.
- 7.What is Mavic Mini's maximum service ceiling?
- Video Transmission
- 1.What video transmission system does Mavic Mini use?
- 2.What is the maximum transmission distance of Mavic Mini?
FCC: 4000 m
SRRC: 2500 m
Remote control model MR1SS5 must be used with aircraft model MT1SS5.
MIC: 2000 m
CE: 2000 m
CE: 500 m
Remote control model MR1SD25 must be used with aircraft model MT1SD25.
- 3.How can I confirm the maximum transmission distance of Mavic Mini in different regions?
First, confirm the aircraft model. You can check the aircraft model on the certification sticker on the packing box or inside the aircraft battery compartment. Next, confirm the region or area you will be flying in.
In North America, South America, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, and some additional regions, the maximum transmission distance is 4 km;
In Mainland China, the maximum transmission distance is 2.5 km;
In Europe, South Korea, Singapore, the Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Macao, and some additional regions, the maximum transmission distance is 500 m;
In Japan, Russia, Israel, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, and some additional regions, local regulations do not permit use of the 5.8 GHz frequency band. Do not use the MT1SS5 model aircraft in these regions.
The maximum transmission distance in all countries and regions is 2 km.
Please check local rules and regulations before use.
- 4.What is Mavic Mini's maximum video transmission resolution?
- 5.What is the transmission latency of Mavic Mini?
170-240 ms (depending on environmental conditions and mobile device).
- 6.What should I do if there is a significant delay in Mavic Mini's video transmission?
a. It is recommended to fly in open environments free of wireless signal interference.
b. Close other running programs in the background of the mobile device being used.
c. Keep an eye on the orientation of the antennas and ensure they are facing the aircraft during flight.
- 1.How can I charge Mavic Mini?
You can directly connect the aircraft to a charger with the micro USB cable, or use the Two-Way Charging Hub to charge up to three batteries in sequence. Please use with power chargers that are 24 W or below.
- 2.What are the functions of the Two-Way Charging Hub?
a. Charges up to three batteries in sequence.
b. Automatically charges the connected external device when all batteries are fully charged.
c. Checks the battery level.
d. When it is not charging, you can use it as a power bank to charge mobile devices.
- 3.How does the Two-Way Charging Hub charge and discharge?
Charging the battery:
The batteries with the highest amount of charge are charged first and then in sequence according to charge level afterward. Any newly inserted battery will be read, and the charging sequence will be reevaluated and adjusted accordingly.
When discharging, discharge the battery with the lowest amount of charge first. Any newly inserted battery will be read, and the discharging sequence will be reevaluated and adjusted accordingly.
- 4.What are the functions of the power button?
a. Short press + press and hold: Power the aircraft on/off.
b. Short press: View the battery level of the aircraft.
c. Press and hold for four seconds: Link with the remote controller.
- 5.Does Mavic Mini support Quick Charge?
It supports Quick Charge 2.0 18W.
- 6.What type of battery does Mavic Mini support?
The Mavic Mini Intelligent Flight Battery is a Li-ion 2S battery (1100 mAh version is a LiPo 2S battery).
- 7.How do I upgrade the firmware of Mavic Mini batteries?
First, insert the battery into the aircraft and turn it on. Then connect the DJI Fly app or DJI Assistant 2 with the aircraft. If the battery version and the aircraft version are inconsistent, an upgrade prompt will appear.
- 8.How long does it take to charge the battery?
It takes 90 minutes to fully charge a battery with the Quick Charge 2.0 18W USB charger (50 minutes for the 1100 mAh battery).
- 9.How often should I charge and discharge the battery?
It is recommended to complete this process once every three months. Before storage, it is recommended to charge the battery to approximately 60%.
- 10.What are the charging and operating temperatures of Mavic Mini and remote controller batteries?
The operating temperature for both is 0° to 40°C (32° to 104℉). The Mavic Mini Intelligent Flight Battery charging temperature is 0° to 40°C (32° to 104℉), and the remote controller battery charging temperature is 0° to 45°C (32° to 113℉). When using the aircraft in a cold environment, pay attention to any on-screen prompts related to takeoff status.
- 11.What is the battery capacity, charging duration, and battery life of the Mavic Mini remote controller?
The Mavic Mini remote controller has a battery capacity of 2600 mAh. It takes about 120 minutes to fully charge with the DJI 18W USB charger, about four and a half hours when using an iOS device, and about one hour and forty minutes when connected to an Android device.
(Note: when connecting to an Android device, in order to maintain a stable connection between the remote controller and the external device, the Android system will use some of the remote controller’s power. Therefore, the remote controller has a shorter battery life when connected to an Android device.)
- 1.Can I use other apps while upgrading the DJI Fly app?
No. If you do, the update will fail. You will then need to download the firmware and update it again.
- 2.Can I disconnect from the Internet once the firmware has been downloaded?
- 3.What should I do if aircraft and battery firmware versions are inconsistent?
Connect Mavic Mini to the DJI Fly app. The app will then check firmware compatibility automatically. You may upgrade according to the instructions.
- 4.What factors could lead to an update failure?
a. Low battery. Before installing an update, make sure the battery level is above 50%.
b. Powering off Mavic Mini or the remote controller during an update.
If this happens, restart Mavic Mini and the remote controller, and begin the update again.
c. Internet was disconnected during the firmware download.
d. If the update failure persists, or the remote controller does not link with the aircraft, there may be firmware inconsistencies between devices. In this case, use DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic on your computer to update the aircraft and the remote controller to the latest versions separately. During the upgrade, the aircraft will restart multiple times and automatically shut down after the upgrade has been completed.