DJI RS 3 Mini supports PF (Pan Follow), PTF (Pan and Tilt Follow), FPV, 3D Roll 360, and Custom modes. You can switch the gimbal mode by pressing the M button once or on the touchscreen.
1. In PF mode, only the pan axis follows the movement of the grip. This is suitable for horizontal camera movements, such as circling a subject, left and right movements, and emerging walk-through shots.
2. In PTF mode, both the pan and tilt axes follow the movement of the grip. This is suitable for scenarios when moving up and down or on a slant.
3. In FPV mode, all three axes follow the movement of the grip. This is frequently used in scenarios when rotating the camera.
4. In 3D Roll 360 mode, the tilt axis will rotate 90° and the camera lens will face straight upward. Then, you can control the joystick to rotate the pan axis 360° to create a time tunnel effect.
5. In Custom mode, you can manually set any axis to follow.