Yes. You can switch the FOV to Standard (Dewarp) on the video and audio parameter settings page on the right side of the camera view.
Can I save the original photos from Timelapse?
Yes. Photos from Timelapse can be downloaded and viewed on a computer.
What is RockSteady 3.0?
Osmo Action 4 uses RockSteady 3.0 technology to stabilize footage. This Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) technology is realized by increasing the shutter speed, analyzing the images captured by the CMOS sensor, and compensating by cutting off the edges of these images. In this way, multiple frames are overlaid and finally combined into a single frame that is sharp, clear, and accurately exposed.
What is HorizonSteady?
HorizonSteady uses DJI's latest stabilization algorithm to correct shakes for any horizontal rotation (360°) and lock onto a leveled horizon in every frame, regardless of how the camera is mounted or worn. It allows you to capture smooth and stable footage whether you are cycling on bumpy roads or go-karting around a track.
What shooting resolutions does HorizonSteady support?
HorizonSteady supports 1080p@24/25/30/48/50/60fps and 2.7K (16:9)@24/25/30/48/50/60fps.
Can Osmo Action 4 shoot slow-motion videos?
Yes. Osmo Action 4 supports up to 1080p/240fps 8x slow-motion videos.
What is D-Log M of Osmo Action 4's color mode?
It is designed to capture a wide dynamic range from the sensor, and colors are distributed evenly so the bright and dark parts of the video have greater fidelity and clarity. It is not a LUT, but a lower-contrast video with a flat color profile, which is great for expanding post-processing options.
How do I export photos and videos from Osmo Action 4?
There are three exporting options available:
1. Connect to the DJI Mimo app and download the content to your smartphone.
2. Insert the microSD card from Osmo Action 4 into a computer.
3. Use a Type-C cable to connect Osmo Action 4 to a computer or certain smartphones with a Type-C port.
Where is the footage saved in Osmo Action 4?
The footage is saved to the microSD card inserted into Osmo Action 4.
Does Osmo Action 4's camera use a prime lens?
Yes. Osmo Action 4 uses a prime lens, and subjects are clear when they are at least 400 mm or more from the lens.
Can I set metering for Osmo Action 4?
Osmo Action 4 supports evaluative metering but not spot metering.
Can I shoot HDR videos with Osmo Action 4?
Videos recorded by Osmo Action 4 have a high dynamic range making an HDR mode unnecessary.
Where is the color temperature sensor of Osmo Action 4? What is it for?
The color temperature sensor of Osmo Action 4 is built into the letter "O" of the logo on the front of the camera. Do not cover it during use. With the color temperature sensor, Osmo Action 4 delivers outstanding color temperature performance even in scenarios with complex lighting, such as diving. The sensor corrects color temperature when filming underwater, and refrains color temperature flicker due to the change of shooting angle. It can also detect and reduce light flickering more accurately.
What video and stabilization specifications does auto low-light image enhancement support?
When Low-Light Image Enhancement is set to Auto, it supports all stabilization options for 1080p@24/25/30fps, 2.7K (16:9 or 4:3) @24/25/30fps, and RockSteady for 4K (16:9) @24/25/30fps.
What app do I use to control Osmo Action 4 with my smartphone?
Users can control Osmo Action 4 via smartphone with the DJI Mimo app. It allows you to adjust settings and shooting modes, sync photos and videos, and to edit and share images and footage.
How do I activate Osmo Action 4?
You can follow the steps below to activate the device:
1. Download the DJI Mimo app by scanning the QR code shown on the camera screen prompt or from an app store.
2. Press and hold the Quick Switch button to power on Osmo Action 4.
3. Launch the DJI Mimo app, tap the camera icon on the upper left corner of the home screen, enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your smartphone, and connect to Osmo Action 4.
4. After connecting Osmo Action 4 to the DJI Mimo app, you will be prompted to activate the device.
5. Complete the activation by following the prompts in the app.
How do I update the firmware of Osmo Action 4?
The DJI Mimo app will send firmware push messages automatically. Follow the prompts to complete the update.
How do I switch between the front and back screens?
Swipe up from the bottom of a screen to unlock it and switch to that screen. Through the camera menu, users can opt to display the front and rear screens simultaneously or to use just one screen.
Does the front screen support touch control?
Yes. You can control parameter settings, mode switching, video playback, and more.
How do I switch to vertical shooting?
Mount the camera with the Horizontal-Vertical Protective Frame, and hold the camera in a vertical orienation or use it with accessories to switch between horizontal and native vertical shooting.
Does Osmo Action 4 support voice control?
Yes. Osmo Action 4 supports voice commands in English and Mandarin Chinese. It's recommended to use voice control within one meter from the camera in a relatively quiet environment.
How do I use the InvisiStick feature?
After shooting a video with Osmo Action 4 and the selfie stick, you can connect it to the DJI Mimo app to eliminate the selfie stick*. For details, refer to the tutorial video.
* To ensure the elimination effect works adequately, use the Osmo 1.5m Extension Rod when shooting and try to avoid covering any of your body with it. InvisiStick supports up to 1920×1440 video when eliminating on the cloud, and up to 1280×960 video when eliminating locally.
How do I share a video that I shot?
You can save the video to your smartphone and share it, or use the DJI Mimo app to upload it and share the link generated.
How do I set the shutter speed, ISO, and other camera parameters manually?
1. On the right side of the camera view, tap the icon for adjusting image and audio parameters, enable PRO mode in the upper right corner, then select M mode to adjust shutter speed, ISO, and other camera parameters manually.
2. Launch the DJI Mimo app, enable PRO mode on the upper left corner of the main page, then tap Settings on the top to adjust shutter speed, ISO, and other camera parameters manually.
Does Osmo Action 4 have sleep mode?
Yes. When Osmo Action 4 is powered on, press and hold the Quick Switch button to enter sleep mode. Press the button once to wake the screen. Press the shutter/record button once to enable SnapShot.
Can I use an external microphone with Osmo Action 4?
Yes. You can connect Osmo Action 4 with a third-party microphone via a universal 3.5mm Type-C cable.
Can I set the playback volume of Osmo Action 4?
Yes. Tap the volume icon in the upper right corner of the playback page to turn the sound on or off. Press and hold the icon to adjust the volume.
What are the functions of the Snapshot button on Osmo Action 4?
When the camera is powered off, short-press the SnapShot shutter/record button on the top to start recording. Press again to finish recording, and Osmo Action 4 will power off automatically after three seconds. This lets you start shooting right away, so you never miss a memorable moment.
How long is the operating time of Osmo Action 4?
The max operating time of Osmo Action 4 is 160 minutes*, and up to 150 minutes when shooting in environments with temperatures as low as -20° C (-4° F)**.
* In a 25° C (77° F) laboratory environment and at 1080p/24fps (16:9), with RockSteady on, Wi-Fi off, and screen off. This data is for reference only.
** In -20° C (-4° F) laboratory environment and at 1080p/24fps (16:9), with RockSteady on, Wi-Fi off, and screen off. This data is for reference only.
Does Osmo Action 4 support fast charging?
Yes. You can use the DJI 30W USB-C Charger* to fast charge Osmo Action 4.
* The DJI 30W USB-C Charger is sold separately.
Can Osmo Action 4 be charged while in use?
Yes. When the battery is not inserted, you can still use the camera by connecting it to the power supply using a Type-C data cable.
What accessories does Osmo Action 4 have?
DJI has designed a range of accessories to use Osmo Action 4 within various scenarios. Check the Accessories section on the product page for more details.
Can I use Osmo Action 4's accessories with other Osmo Action series products?
Please check the accessory compatibility page for more details.
How do I mount different accessories to Osmo Action 4?
1. Official accessories can be attached directly to Osmo Action 4 via the quick-release locking clip.
2. Attach a tripod and other accessories with the Magnetic Ball-Joint Adapter Mount or via the 1/4″ screw hole on the bottom of the 1.5m Extension Rod.
Can Osmo Action 4 be mounted to a tripod?
Yes. Osmo Action 4 can be mounted to a tripod with the Magnetic Ball-Joint Adapter Mount or via the 1/4″ screw hole on the bottom of the 1.5m Extension Rod.
Can I mount third-party action camera accessories to Osmo Action 4?
Yes. You can mount third-party action camera accessories with the quick-release adapter mount.
How strong is the magnetic connection between Osmo Action 4 and the accessories?
The magnetic force is strong, and an additional secure positioning clip is added to enhance the impact resistance*.
* Do not throw, strike, or crush this product.
Is the Flat Adhesive Base of Osmo Action 4 reusable?
No. The Flat Adhesive Base uses 3M adhesives that are not reusable.
How do I connect and use the GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller correctly?
For details, please refer to the tutorial video.
How do I solve the issue of flicker when playing footage shot on Osmo Action 4 on different computers?
Playback of recorded footage on computers can be affected by computer settings and performance. If flicker occurs, try the following solutions:
Apple Mac: Go to “System Preferences > Displays > Refresh Rate”, and change the refresh rate to a fixed value, instead of ProMotion.
Other computers: A low-performance graphics card may cause flicker when playing the files. It is recommended to use a better-performing computer for viewing.
How do I add GPS information to the video?
With the Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller, you can record GPS information and add sports tracking to your video on the DJI Mimo app.
Why does Osmo Action 4 heat up during use?
Osmo Action 4 supports the recording of 4K/120fps videos, during which it requires high power to run. As a result, after shooting high-resolution videos at high frame rates for long durations, users can feel some heat when holding the camera body.
Can I change the lens of Osmo Action 4?
Can Osmo Action 4 be connected to Bluetooth or Wi-Fi?
Is Osmo Action 4 waterproof?
Yes. Osmo Action 4 can be used at depths of up to 18 meters without a case and up to 60 meters by using the Waterproof Case.
What should I do before using Osmo Action 4 underwater?
1. Check that the Glass Lens Cover and screens are intact. Close the battery compartment cover and the USB-C port cover, and tighten the Glass Lens Cover.
2. Osmo Action 4 can be used at depths of up to 18 meters. However, it is recommended to install the Waterproof Case for long-duration underwater shooting or when shooting in environments with high pressure or extended water exposure. With the Waterproof Case, Osmo Action 4 can be used at depths of up to 60 meters.
3. Do not use the camera in hot springs or extreme underwater environments or let it come into contact with corrosive or unknown liquids.
4. Before changing the Glass Lens Cover, air dry the camera to avoid any condensation caused by water entering the lens cap.
5. Rinse the camera with clean water after using it underwater, and completely air dry it before using it again.
1. Dirt on the lens can be cleaned with a lens cleaning cloth. For dust in the crease at the edge of the lens, use a dust blower or cotton swab for cleaning.
2. To clean water stains, oil smudges, or fingerprints on the lens, apply a few drops of lens cleaning solution on lens tissues and use a circular motion to wipe away.
What should I do if dust or sand gets inside Osmo Action 4?
Osmo Action 4 is dust-proof. However, if dust does get inside the device and cannot be cleaned, please contact DJI After-Sales for repair.
What is LightCut?
LightCut is a video editing application recommended by DJI. It provides intuitive shooting and editing functions for DJI users, including AI-based One-Tap Editing, diverse exclusive video templates, inspirational creative tutorials, and many other resources that let you edit and generate videos effortlessly wherever you go. Click here to learn more:
How do I download LightCut?
You can download the LightCut app from major app stores or from the Downloads page on the DJI official website. Click to download:
How do I connect LightCut with Osmo Action 4?
1. Make sure your Osmo Action 4 is activated and powered on, and then enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your smartphone.
2. Launch LightCut, and then tap the device icon on the top.
3. Select your device ID and tap Connect. Check the device verification code and tap Accept. After a prompt asking you to join the Wi-Fi network pops up, tap to join*.
* During the connecting process, do not exit the app. During use, make sure Osmo Action 4 is powered on, enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your smartphone, and Osmo Action 4 will automatically connect to LightCut.
What features are supported when Osmo Action 4 is connected to LightCut?
1. The LightCut app provides numerous templates that fit different scenarios captured on the Osmo Action series. After connection, you can easily preview the footage without outputting it, allowing you to edit easily and generate videos efficiently.
2. One-Tap Editing will automatically recommend templates according to your selected clips and intelligently select clips to generate a short video with no manual editing required.
3. You can customize the editing, music, text, stickers, speed, filter (underwater color tuning is supported), and more in the app for more flexibility and creative freedom.
What should I do if a timeout prompt appears during the connection process?
Place your smartphone closer to Osmo Action 4 and try again.
How do I forget an Osmo Action 4 that has been connected to my smartphone?
iOS: Launch LightCut, and then view connected devices in My Device. Swipe left across the device and then remove the device.
Android: Launch LightCut, and then view connected devices in My Device. Press and hold the device and then remove it.
What should I do if the device cannot be found?
Make sure both your smartphone and Osmo Action 4 are powered on. Put the two devices close to each other, and make sure you have enabled Bluetooth on your smartphone and authorized LightCut. Then, try searching for the device again. If the device still cannot be found, reset the device.
What do I do when the connection fails?
Try the following:
1. Make sure you have enabled Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your smartphone.
2. Restart Osmo Action 4 and the LightCut app, and try connecting again.
3. If the Wi-Fi password of Osmo Action 4 has been changed, turn off your smartphone's Wi-Fi and turn it on again, and then try connecting again.
How do I use the LightCut app for quick editing?
Launch LightCut, enter One-Tap Editing, and select the videos you have shot. One-Tap Editing will automatically recommend templates according to your videos, which are optimized for many scenarios, including nature, city, home, retail locations, food, pets, festivals, and more, and will intelligently select clips and generate a short video with no manual editing required.
You can also try other templates, change the selected clips, or select music, filters, text, and stickers. Effortless editing allows you to share great videos fast.
Can I activate and update Osmo Action 4 on LightCut?
No. Download the DJI Mimo app for activation and firmware updates.
Search for More Information
Online Customer Service
Contact online customer service for immediate support.