3. How is the Phantom 4 an improvement over Phantom 3 series aircraft?
Phantom 4’s shell is made from an advanced composite material, which increases durability significantly and reduces vibration during flight, markedly improving flight performance. The accuracy of the sensors is also improved.
4. When should I change the propellers?
The propellers should be changed when they have been bent, damaged or used over 500 times (each flight being counted as one time).
6. It seems that the four motors of the Phantom 4 are even. Is this normal?
The motors are angled by design.
7. What is the Phantom 4’s maximum flight time?
The Phantom 4 can fly for 28 minutes in ideal conditions. Actual flight time varies based on the environmental conditions and operation.
8. Why does the Phantom 4 have a redundant IMU and compass?
The redundant IMU and compass were added to improve the reliability of the flight system. The Phantom 4 can constantly compare two sets of IMU data and adjust the aircraft’s attitude based on the more accurate data. Dual compasses also help the aircraft fly steadily.
9. How does the Phantom 4’s propulsion system compare to that of Phantom 3 series aircraft?
Phantom 4 has an enhanced propulsion system, which can prolong the flight time and react more quickly during operation. With brand new motors that are compatible with quick release propellers, users can save lots of time in installing and removing propellers. What’s more, the propeller’s locking mechanism increases the firmness while allowing the aircraft to move more freely during flight.
10. How do Phantom 4 propellers compare to Phantom 3 series propellers?
The Phantom 4 uses quick release propellers instead of self-tightening propellers used with the Phantom 3 series, which can be more easily mounted to the motors. The Phantom 4 propellers’ secure locking mechanism allows the aircraft to respond to users’ commands quickly and accurately.
11. How do I upgrade the aircraft’s firmware?
Refer to the tutorial video on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XNlhlDXMAs.
1. How long can a video be recorded with a 16GB SD card?
1. When recording a 4K or 1080P 60FPS video at 60 Mbps, around 36 minutes.
2. When recording a 2.7K videos at 45 Mbps, around 48 minutes.
3. When recording a 1080P 50/48/30FPS video at 40 Mbps, around 52 minutes.
4. When recording a 720P and 1080P 25/24FPS video at 25 Mbps, around 84 minutes.
2. What kind of SD cards can be used with the Phantom 4’s camera?
The Phantom 4 comes with a 16GB SD card. SD cards up to 64GB, Class 10 or UHS-1 rating are compatible.
Recommended Micro SD cards are listed below:
• Lexar 633X Class10 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-I SD card.
• Panasonic 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD card.
• Sandisk Extreme 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD card.
3. Can I control Exposure Metering manually?
When the Phantom 4 is powered on, the camera is in Center-weighted Metering Mode by default. If you want to use Spot Metering, tap on screen where you would like the shot to be correctly exposed. A yellow box will appear where you tap. To exit Spot Metering Mode, click yellow cross at the top right corner of the box. Exposure Metering cannot be used in Manual Mode.
4. Can the ND filter and UV filter for Phantom 3 series cameras be used with the Phantom 4?
5. How does the Phantom 4’s gimbal compare with Phantom 3 series gimbals?
The Phantom 4’s Pitch-axis is U-shaped to improve gimbal stability. The Phantom 4’s gimbal is made of a magnesium alloy that enhances its strength. Also, the Phantom 4 gimbal’s main control board is positioned closer to the middle of the aircraft. The center of gravity is closer to the actual center of the aircraft, allowing the Phantom 4 to fly more steadily.
6. Why can’t the gimbal point forward horizontally when I’m flying at top speed in S-mode?
In S-mode, the aircraft can tilt up to 42 degrees while the gimbal can move at most 45 degrees upward and 120 degrees downward. Hence, the gimbal cannot point forward horizontally when the aircraft is flying quickly in S-mode. To solve such issue, move the Pitch of the gimbal downward by at least 12 degrees when flying in S-mode.
7. What are the specifications of the Phantom 4’s lens?
FOV 94°, 20 mm (35 mm format equivalent), f/2.8, focus at ∞
8. What’s the Phantom 4’s maximum video bit rate?
9. What kind of video can I record with my Phantom 4?
You can record videos at the resolutions and frame rates as follows:
1. 4k videos: 4096x2160p 24/25, 3840x2160p 24/25/30.
2. Full HD videos: 1920x1080p 24/25/30/48/50/60/120.
3. HD videos: 1280x720p 24/25/30/48/50/60.
10. What’s the controllable Pitch range for the Phantom 4’s camera?
Pitch: -90° to +30°.
11. What are the modes available for capturing photos?
1. Single shot.
2. HDR (The exposure time is increased to capture the environment more vividly.) .
3. Burt shooting: 3/5/7 frames.
4. Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB): 3/5 Bracketed frames at 0.7EV Bias.
12. How does the Phantom 4’s camera compare with Phantom 3 series cameras?
Compared with that the Phantom 3 cameras, the camera of the Phantom 4 reduces color difference by 56% and lens distortion by 36%. What’s more, with DJI’s improved image processing system, the Phantom 4’s camera can record 1920 x 1080 slow-motion videos at 120 fps (FOV 47°).
1. What should I do when my remote controller’s signal is weak?
Ensure that there is optimal signal transmission between the aircraft and remote controller. Adjust the position of the antennas on the remote controller for optimal signal transmission as shown below:
2. Can my remote controller output HDMI signal?
Phantom 4’s remote controller can output HDMI signal with the HDMI Module and mobile device. After the HDMI Module is attached to the controller, upgrade the remote controller’s firmware to the latest version.
3. How long does it take to fully charge the Phantom 4’s remote controller?
Around three hours.
4. What’s the effective transmission distance of the Phantom 4’s remote controller?
FCC: 5 km, CE: 3.5 km (Unobstructed, free of interference). The effective transmission distance varies depending conditions and operation.
5. Can I switch my remote controller between FCC and CE?
Users cannot switch between FCC and CE manually. The remote controller will enable FCC or CE mode based on your location in accordance with local laws and regulations.
6. What is the maximum width of the mobile device holder on the Phantom 4’s remote controller?
The maximum width is 170 mm.
7. How does the Phantom 4’s remote controller compare with Phantom 3 series remote controllers?
Instead of P-mode, the Phantom 4’s flight mode switch has S-mode instead. In S-mode, the Phantom 4 fly as fast as 20 m/s with accurate positioning and hovering. Also, the playback button has been changed to the Intelligent Flight Pause button, which allows the Phantom 4 to exit an Intelligent Flight modes and hover in place.
8. How do I link my remote controller to my Phantom 4 by pressing buttons on the remote controller?
Press the C1, C2 and video recording buttons at the same time. After you hear an alarm, press the camera settings dial, and the remote controller will start linking to your Phantom 4.
9. How do I upgrade the remote controller’s firmware?
Refer to the tutorial video on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XNlhlDXMAs.
1. What kind of image transmission technology does the Phantom 4 use?
The Phantom 4 uses DJI Lightbridge for video downlink and remote controller communication.
2. What is the transmission latency of the Phantom 4’s video downlink?
Around 220ms. The actual transmission latency depends on your mobile device’s performance and environmental interference.
3. What’s the maximum resolution of the Phantom 4’s video downlink?
720P@30FPS. Actual transmission resolution depends on your mobile device’s performance and environmental interference.
4. At which frequency band does the Phantom 4’s video downlink work?
2.4 GHz ISM.
5. What do I do if black and white strips are present on screen during image transmission?
In the DJI GO app, tap Menu and disable “Over Exposure Warning”.
1. What are some new features of the Phantom 4?
New features added to the Phantom 4 include ActiveTrack Mode, Tapfly Mode, its Obstacle Sensing System, and Sport Mode.
2. What do I be aware of when using ActiveTrack Mode?
The subject to be tracked needs to be placed in the middle of the screen for identification. If “GO” is shown in the screen after you drag a box around the subject, the subject has been identified. You can start tracking after tapping “GO”. The tracked subject should not have a similar in color or patterning to its surrounding environment. You can track optimally when your Phantom 4 flies at a height between three meters to five meters and five meters to 15 meters from the tracked subject.
3. What happens if the tracked subject is lost in ActiveTrack Mode?
When the tracked subject is lost in ActiveTrack, your Phantom 4 will hover in place and continue tracking when the lost subject reappears and is identified. If the tracked subject appears while the aircraft is not sure whether it original subject, the aircraft will hover in place and “GO’ will pop up in the DJI GO app. In this case, you can choose whether or not to track the subject.
4. What should I be aware of when using Tapfly Mode?
You can fly your Phantom 4 in any direction in Tapfly Mode within -25 degrees to + 25 degrees controllable range of the gimbal. You can set the speed in Tapfly between 1 m/s to 100 m/s in the DJI GO app. When the targeted position is below 4.8 meters, the Phantom 4 will descend to a height of 4.78 meters and then keep fly horizontally. When encountering an obstacle, the Phantom 4 will ascend to avoid it. When “Enable Horizontal Obstacle Avoidance” is enabled, the Phantom 4 will generate a route automatically to avoid the obstacle from both sides. If cannot avoid the obstacle, the Phantom 4 will hover in place.
5. What would happen if I pushed the sticks in Tapfly Mode?
1. Pushing the right stick upward increases the flight speed and pushing the right stick downward fully makes the Phantom 4 exit the Tapfly mode.
2. Pushing the right stick to the left or right makes the Phantom 4 fly forward.
3. Pushing the left stick upward or downward adjusts the flight speed vertically.
4. Pushing the left stick upward or downward makes the Phantom 4 change direction. The flight speed will not change.
6. What is the maximum speed in Point of Interest Mode?
The maximum speed is related to the radius of the orbit. When the radius of the orbit is five meters, the maximum speed is 4.2 m/s. When the radius of the obit is more than 30 meters, the maximum speed is 10 m/s.
7. What happens if the remote controller signal is lost in Point of Interest Mode?
The Phantom 4 will continue orbiting around the subject until Low Battery RTH is triggered.
8. How do I use Follow Me?
Ensure that your mobile device is equipped with GPS and the GPS signal is strong. Fly your Phantom 4 above 10 meters. Enable Smart Return-to-Home under Advanced Settings as required and then enable Follow Me.
9. What is the maximum flight speed in Follow Me Mode?
The maximum flight speed is 10 m/s.
10. How small an object can the Phantom 4’s Obstacle Sensing System detect?
The Obstacle Sensing System can see 500 pixel objects.
11. What mobile devices are compatible with the DJI GO app?
The DJI GO app can run on both iOS and Android mobile devices. For more details, visit http://www.dji.com/en/phantom-4/info#specs.
12. How do I upgrade the firmware for the Phantom 4’s Intelligent Flight Battery?
The Intelligent Flight Battery will be upgraded when you upgrade the aircraft firmware. When the firmware for the Intelligent Flight Battery needs to be upgraded, a prompt saying “Inconsistent Firmware Found” will display in the app. Slide the slider to the right to update the battery firmware.
1. What are the specifications of the Phantom 4’s Flight Intelligent Battery?
5350mAh, 15.2V, 81.3Wh.
2. How long does it take to fully charge the Phantom 4’s Intelligent Flight Battery?
Around 80 minutes.
3. What can I do to protect my Phantom 4’s Intelligent Flight Battery?
Keep the Intelligent Flight Battery away from water or moisture. The battery level should have more than 65% charge when the Intelligent Flight Battery is to be stored for a long period of time. If the Intelligent Flight Battery is to be stored for more than three months, it should be fully charged and discharged once every three months to prevent over discharging.
4. Is it normal that the display of the battery cells are yellow under Aircraft Battery in the DJI GO app?
Yes, when the voltage of the battery cells is lower than 3.62 V, the display turns yellow.
5. What is the capacity of the Phantom 4’s charger?
The capacity of the Phantom 4’s charger is 100 W.
6. How do I upgrade the firmware for the Phantom 4’s Intelligent Flight Battery?
The Intelligent Flight Battery will be upgraded when you upgrade the aircraft firmware. When the firmware for the Intelligent Flight Battery needs to upgraded, an Inconsistent Firmware Found prompt will display. Slide the slider to the right to update the battery firmware.
7. How can I use the Intelligent Flight Battery in a low temperature environment?
The battery capacity will decrease significantly when the Intelligent Flight Battery is used at low temperatures (below minus 10 degree Celsius). It is recommended to warm up the Intelligent Flight Battery to 20 degrees Celsius.
8. What is the discharge rate of the Phantom 4’s Intelligent Flight Battery?
The discharge rate of the Phantom 4’s Intelligent Flight Battery is 5C.
9. Why will the Phantom 4’s Intelligent Flight Battery emit heat when it has been stored for a long period of time?
This is normal. When the Intelligent Flight Battery has been stored for a long period of time with over 65% charge, the auto-discharging function will be triggered. The Intelligent Flight Battery will discharge to 65% of the total power automatically while emitting moderate heat.
10. Can I charge the Intelligent Flight Battery and remote controller with the charger at the same time?
The DJI charger can charge the Intelligent Flight Battery and remote controller. But it is not recommended to charge the Intelligent Flight Battery and remote controller at the same time.
Search for More Information
Online Customer Service
Contact online customer service for immediate support.