1. What material is the Spark front arm and rear arm made of?
Nylon and fiberglass.
2. Where are the Spark's antennas and compass mounted to?
The compass is mounted to the aircraft nose and the antennas are mounted to the belly of the aircraft (both sides of the Downward Vision System module).
3. What are the motor model, KV value and RPM value for hovering, respectively?
The motor model is 1504, KV is 2100, and its RPM for hovering is 12000.
4. Does the Spark have dual IMU and dual compass?
The Spark is equipped with only one IMU and one compass. Also, the Spark should be placed in a six different directions for IMU calibration.
5. What is the size of the propeller and what material is it made of?
The size of the propeller is 5 inch (diameter) and the material is fiberglass.
6. What is the diagonal size of the Spark?
170 mm (refer to the bottom of the motor).
7. How often should I replace propellers?
If the propeller is scratched, bent, or damaged, replace it within one year.
8. How do I stop the motors in emergency cases?
When the app displays that there is an error with the aircraft, you can stop the motors by pushing both sticks to the bottom inner or outer corners.
9. At what temperature will the fan work?
The fan will start working when the aircraft is powered on. Its speed will change with the temperature.
10. Return-to-Home Mechanism
If Return-to-Home is triggered when the aircraft is 3 meters away from the Home Point, the aircraft will land immediately.
When the aircraft is between 3 m and 20 m from the Home Point, it will return to the Home Point at the current altitude with the RTH at Current Altitude option enabled (the default setting in DJI GO 4) if flying at or above 2.5 m. It will ascend to 2.5 m then return to home if flying lower than 2.5 m. If RTH at Current Altitude is disabled in DJI GO 4, the aircraft will land automatically when the aircraft is between 3 m and 20 m from the Home Point.
If Return-to-Home is triggered when the distance between the aircraft and Home Point falls between 20 to 100 meters, the aircraft will ascend to the preset Return-to-Home Altitude and fly to the Home Point at 3 m/s with Obstacle Avoidance enabled.
If the distance between the aircraft and Home Point is larger than 100 meters, the aircraft will ascend to the preset Return-to-Home Altitude and fly to the Home Point 10 m/s without Obstacle Avoidance.
1. How do I activate the aircraft?
There are two ways to activate the aircraft:
1. Connect the aircraft to the mobile device and activate the aircraft following the instructions in DJI GO 4.
2. Click the icon on the upper right corner and 'Scan QR Code"". Point the aircraft camera to the QR code beside SSID on the battery compartment, and then follow the instructions in DJI GO 4.
The main difference between activating with DJI GO 4 and activating with QR Code is shown as below:
For activating with QR Code, the aircraft will be activated first after connecting to the Internet. After the aircraft is activated, connect to the Spark's Wi-Fi network and set the aircraft parameters.
For activating with DJI GO 4, the aircraft parameters will be set first after connecting to the Spark's Wi-Fi. Then connect to the Internet before activation and switch to the Spark's Wi-Fi for activation.
2. Is there a high wind warning for the Spark?
Yes. When the wind speed is larger than 6 m/s, a notification indicating "Wind is too strong" will be shown in DJI GO 4. When the wind speed is larger than 9.6 m/s, a high wind warning will be displayed in DJI GO 4.
3. Why is the GPS signal weak or why does the aircraft enter the Atti mode when the number of GPS satellites is large enough?
The compass in the aircraft may be interfered greatly. In this case, the aircraft will enter Atti mode when the number of GPS satellites is large enough. Please avoid flying the Spark near factories, high voltage power lines, and metals, etc.
4. How do I capture a panorama image?
There are two Pano modes:
Vertical/V mode: Three shots will be captured vertically and then a vertical panorama will be composed.
Horizontal/H mode: Nine shots will be captured and a panorama will be composed.
5. What is Shallow Focus?
When Shallow Focus is selected and the shutter button is pressed, an image with 1080p will be captured. Then the aircraft ascends to about 15 cm and captures 15 shots. Select the shots in the playback screen and they will be downloaded to the mobile device. An image with resolution 1440x1080 and 4:3 aspect ratio will be composed. For Shallow Focus, the plane of focus is placed on the subject in the center of the image by default. Click the Shallow Focus icon at the lower right corner on the playback screen to focus the subject manually. You can move the composite image up and down on the screen to adjust the aperture.
6. What should I pay attention to when capturing in Shallow Focus?
1. Do not move the background and subject after pressing the Shutter button in DJI GO 4 within one second. Note that the scene is layered and the subject is different from the background. The camera can better focus on the subject and the image will have clear texture. The feature does not perform well when capturing a white wall or in a snowy day.
2. Note that the distance between the subject and camera is at least three meters. The optical distance is three to ten meters.
3. Do not use the feature in high winds, because the aircraft cannot hover in place steadily, which may affect the composition.
4. The algorithm of the composite for Shallow Focus runs in the mobile phone, so the speed is relative to the mobile phone's performance.
5. The shooting speed in Shallow Focus is slower when the aircraft is connected to the remote controller than that when the aircraft is connected to DJI GO 4.
6. You can press the shutter icon on the app to turn off Shallow Focus during shooting. The captured shots will be stored in the SD card, but they cannot be composed.
7. Why can I not compose the shots for Shallow Focus in DJI GO 4?
1. When DJI GO 4 displays that the distance is far or the distance cannot be identified, change the shooting scene. Note that the scene is layered and the subject is different from the background. The camera can better focus on the subject and image will have clear texture. The feature does not perform well when capturing a white wall or in a snowy day.
2. When DJI GO 4 displays that it fails to capture a picture and the aircraft is connected to the app directly, there is an error with the app link. Try to play it back. If the issue cannot be fixed, take the picture again. If the aircraft is connected to the remote controller, the Wi-Fi signal is weak. It is recommended to switch the frequency range or channel and try again.
3. When DJI GO 4 displays that the relative distance between the person and the aircraft is incorrect, take the picture again.
Gimbal and Camera
1. What is the gimbal of the Spark?
It is a two-axis gimbal, providing a steady platform for the camera.
2. Can I dismantle the gimbal by myself?
3. Is there any indicator on the gimbal?
4. What is the maximum video bitrate?
5. What's the controllable range of the camera?
0° to -85°
6. What's the minimum focus distance of the camera?
7. Does the Spark have filters?
8. What should I do if the video or image transmission blurs when the aircraft is braking indoors?What should I do if the video or image transmission blurs when the aircraft is flying outdoors at night or in a cloudy day?
The blurry issue cannot be removed in long exposure when the Spark flies indoors, in cloudy day, or at night. The issue occurs when the exposure time is longer than 10 minutes.
You can also set the camera to M mode to reduce the exposure time, but the image quality will decrease. For example, in A mode, the shutter is 100 and ISO is 100, then you can set the shutter to 200 and ISO to 200 manually.
9. What should I do if the aircraft shakes and moire pattern occurs during flight?
Do not fly the Spark in the following conditions:
1. High winds
2. Sport mode
3. Braking in Atti mode
10. What should I do if the roll axis is tilted during flight?
When the aircraft enters Atti mode, the gimbal will switch to FPV mode automatically, because the GPS signal is lost and the Vision Positioning System is turned off. A notification stating that the flight mode is switched to Atti mode is shown on the app. In this case, the gimbal will be tilted. To fix the issue, turn on Vision Positioning System or wait until the GPS signal is strong.
If a ""Gimbal Motor Overloaded"" warning is shown on the app, the gimbal will be powerless. To fix the issue, power on the aircraft again.
11. How long can a video be recorded with a 16G SD card?
1080p 60 at 24 Mbps: 91 minutes
12. What kind of SD card can be used with the Spark?
13. What kind of Metering mode does the Spark support?
Evaluative Metering and Spot Metering are supported.
14. Does the camera support focus or zoom in and out?
15. What are the photo resolution and video resolution without an SD card?
When an SD card is not inserted to the aircraft or the SD card is full, the photo resolution is 1024x768 and video resolution is 1280x720.
1. How can I link the remote controller with the aircraft by using the buttons on the remote controller?
Press the Pause Button, FN Button and C1 Button, and power on the aircraft. Press and hold the Intelligent Flight Battery Switch. Release the switch when the aircraft makes a "D" sound.
2. Can the remote controller output HDMI signal?
3. When should I use the Pause Button on the remote controller?
The aircraft will brake immediately when the Pause Button is pressed during flight. In this case, press the Pause Button for three seconds and release it.
If the Pause Button is pressed when the aircraft is landing or returning to the Home Point, the aircraft will stop landing or returning to the Home Point. Instead, it will brake and hover in place.
4. Does the Spark's remote controller support Dual Remote Controller mode?
5. Can the beeping tone of the remote controller be turned off or adjusted?
6. Can I detach the antennas from the remote controller?
7. Are the Spark and Mavic Pro remote controllers compatible with each other?
8. How long can a remote controller be used? How long does it take to fully charge the remote controller?
It takes about two hours to fully charge the remote controller. The remote controller can work for about three hours.
9. Why does the Status LED blink red slowly for 10 seconds when the remote controller is powered on?
When the remote controller is initializing, the Status LED will blink red slowly for 10 seconds.
10. Will the remote controller make a beeping sound after power-on when the control sticks are not centered?
No. There will be a beeping sound when the battery charge is low. If the remote controller is not connected to the aircraft and the remote controller is not used for five minutes, it will make a beeping for one minute and then power off.
11. What is the C1 Button used for?
You can customize the C1 Button in the app.
12. What is the FN Button used for?
It is an intelligent flight shortcut button.
1. What is the resolution of the image transmission?
2. What should I do a "Disconnected" warning is shown in the app?
It means the remote controller is disconnected with the mobile device. Perform the following steps to troubleshoot this issue:
1. Check whether your mobile device is on the Recommended Device on dji.com.
2. Check whether the mobile device is connected with remote controller.
3. What should I do if there is no image transmission but the app displays that the image transmission signal is normal?
The image will be overexposed or underexposed when the Manual Exposure Mode is enabled.
Go to the Image Transmission screen, click Exposure Mode Settings, and enable Auto Exposure Mode.
4. What is the transmission range?
When the aircraft is connected to the remote controller:
FCC: 2000 m, CE: 500 m, SRRC: 500 m (Unobstructed, free of interference)
FCC: 2000 m, CE: 500 m, SRRC: 500 m (Unobstructed, free of interference)
When the aircraft is connected to DJI GO 4 directly, the maximum altitude is 50 m and the maximum distance is 80m.
5. What should I do if the aircraft cannot fly far when it is connected to DJI GO 4?
Please use a mobile device on the Recommended Device on dji.com or a mobile device with good decoding performance.
Do not shield antennas with hands. As the antenna for iOS device is on the upper left corner of the mobile device, it is recommended to move the Home Button on the mobile phone to the left.
6. Can I set the channel in the app when it is connected to the Wi-Fi network?
You can set the channel to 2.4GHz or 5.8 GHz in the app. The app will automatically choose a channel. You can switch the channel in the app manually.
7. Where can I find the Wi-Fi SSID and Password?
You can check the Wi-Fi SSID and Password inside the battery compartment or under Wi-Fi Settings in DJI Assistant 2.
The original Wi-Fi SSID and Password can be found on the foam package box.
8. How can I reset or edit the Wi-Fi SSID and password?
1. Press and hold the Intelligent Flight Battery Switch for nine seconds. When the aircraft makes three beeping sounds, the SSID password can be reset.
2. When the aircraft is connected to the Wi-Fi network, edit the password manually under your phone’s Wi-Fi settings.
9. Why can I not search the Spark's Wi-Fi when I turned on the mobile device?
If the aircraft has been connected to the remote controller, power on the aircraft and press and hold the Intelligent Flight Battery Switch for six seconds. When the aircraft makes a beeping sound, connect the aircraft to DJI GO 4. Then you can search the Spark's Wi-Fi in your mobile device.
1. How long does it take to fully charge a battery?
80 minutes with the DJI USB charger.
52 minutes for one battery, 55 minutes for two batteries and 85.2 minutes for three batteries with the battery charging hub.
2. What is the charging temperature range of the battery?
5℃ to 40℃.
3. What is the rated power of the charger?
The maximum rated power of the DJI USB charger is 18 W.
4. How long shall I charge and discharge the battery once?
The battery needs to be charged fully once every three months.
5. What can I do if a brand new battery does not work?
The battery is in the sleep mode. It is recommended to connect the battery to the charger to wake it up, fully charge it and then mount it to the aircraft.
6. How do the Battery Level Indicators blink if battery update failed? What can I do to fix this issue?
The two Battery Level Indicators in the middle will be solid on if battery update failed. In this case, update the battery firmware again.
7. Is it normal that the battery level shown in DJI GO 4 is not 100% when the Spark is powered on with a fully charged battery?
It is normal as long as the current battery level is higher than 95% of its total power.
8. What are the functions of the button on the battery?
Power on and off the battery.
Check the battery power (press once).
Turn on Palm Launch (press twice).
Link the aircraft and remote controller (press the Pause Button, FN Button and C1 Button, power on the aircraft, release the button when the aircraft makes a ""D"" sound).
Switch Wi-Fi mode (press and hold the button for 6 seconds and release it when hearing ""DD"").
Reset Spark's Wi-Fi (press and hold the button for 9 seconds and release it when hearing ""DDD"").
Spark Portable Charging Station
1. What’s the size of the Spark Portable Charging Station?
2. When will the Portable Charging Station turn off automatically?
When the Portable Charging Station does not detect any to-be-charged devices or the charging is complete, after 30 seconds, it will turn off automatically. The Portable Charging Station will also turn off when its power level is less than 5%, though the charging is not complete.
3. 3. Why does the aircraft or battery turn off when the turned on aircraft or battery is connected to the Portable Charging Station?
When the aircraft or battery is turned on and placed into the Portable Charging Station that is turned on for charging, the aircraft or battery will automatically turn off.
4. Why is the battery not being charged when it is connected to the Portable Charging Station?
If the battery is in hibernation, the Portable Charging Station will awake the battery first and charge it. If the battery is not being charged after 10 seconds, try removing the battery and inserting it again.
5. Is the Spark Portable Charging Station water-proof?
No. Please avoid water when in use.
6. Is the Securing Board of the Spark Portable Charging Station removable?
Search for More Information
Online Customer Service
Contact online customer service for immediate support.