- 1.What are the flight capabilities of the T16?
The T16 has a maximum flight altitude of 30 m.
The maximum communication distance is 3 km when measured at a flight altitude of 2.5 m.
The maximum flight speed is 10 m/s, and the maximum operational flight speed is 7 m/s.
Additionally, the T16 can hover for 18 minutes when weighing 24.5 kg during takeoff, and for 10 minutes when weighing 39.5kg.
- 2.How much area can the T16 cover per hour?
The T16 can spray up to 10 hectares per hour (24.7 acres) with a spray width of 6.5 m, a speed of 6 m/s, and an altitude of 2 m.
- 3.What are the advantages of the T16 compared to the MG-1P series?
The T16 is equipped with a heavier payload, increased spray width, and enhanced efficiency.
Moreover, its modular design allows for a fast change of the battery and spray tank.
Its core module has an Ingress Protection rating of IP67, and the T16 has a host of features such as Digital Beam Forming (DBF) Imaging Radar, Active Obstacle Circumvention, AI recognizing, and an Orchard Mode.
- 4.What directions do the propellers of the T16 rotate?
As exhibited in the diagram below, the M2, M4, and M5 propellers rotate clockwise, while the M1, M3, and M6 propellers rotate counterclockwise.
- 5.What are the differences between the overall layout and rotational direction of the propellers on the T16 and other conventional 6-rotor drones?
The layout and rotational direction of the propellers on the T16 create a more stable downward air-flow, which reduces the effect of upward mist, increases the spray width, and generates better sedimentation.
- 6.Can a single remote controller be used to control multiple T16 aircraft?
- 7.How do I link the T16 aircraft to its remote controller?
Press and hold the power button for five seconds to begin linking the two devices.
- 8.Does the T16 have a separate GPS version and an RTK version?
The T16 is equipped with the RTK+GNSS Dual Redundancy System. It is not separated by version.
- 9.Does the T16 support the D-RTK 2?
- 10.What are the improvements of the T16’s FPV camera compared to the MG-1P? Can FPV videos be saved?
The T16 provides clearer and smoother footage. FPV videos cannot be saved.
- 11.Is there any required assembly for the T16?
No. The T16 does not need to be assembled. After activation, it is ready for use.
- 12.Can the T16 airframe be folded?
Yes. The T16 can be quickly folded to 25% of its original size.
- 13.After I put batteries in the T16, will it power on automatically?
No. You must press and hold the power button on the battery to start the T16.
- 14.What is the difference between the remote controller of the T16, MG-1P, and Phantom 4 RTK? Are they compatible?
Although the T16, MG-1P, and Phantom 4 RTK remote controllers have different software, they have similar hardware. If you own an MG-1P or Phantom 4 RTK controller, you can update the software to make it compatible with the T16.
- 15.What is a safe distance to operate the T16 during takeoff and landing?
It is recommended that you keep a distance of at least 10 m.
- 1.What is the maximum volume of liquid the T16 spray tank can hold? Can the spray tank be replaced quickly?
The standard spray tank is 15 L, and the maximum volume is 16 L. Operators can replace the spray tank quickly.
- 2.What is the maximum spray rate of the T16?
When equipped with the XR11001VS nozzle, the T16 can spray at a rate of 3.6 L/min.
When equipped with the XR110015VS nozzle, it sprays at a rate of 4.8 L/min.
- 3.What is the pump pressure range of the T16?
- 4.Are the pumps on the T16 and MG-1P cross-compatible?
- 5.Are the nozzles and decompression valves on the T16 and MG-1P series cross-compatible?
- 6.Does the T16 show residual liquids in real time?
- 7.What are the advantages of the electromagnetic flowmeter on the T16?
The electromagnetic flowmeter is readily applicable and delivers high measurement accuracy, with a margin of error of less than ±2%.
Additionally, measurements are not affected by fluid density, viscosity, temperature, or pressure changes.
The electromagnetic flowmeter is resistant to corrosion and wear and is equipped with a stable measuring pipe.
This ensures that the flowmeter will be operable over a long period.
- Obstacle Avoidance
- 1.Is manual operation required when using the active obstacle circumvention feature on the T16?
No. The T16 can circumvent obstacles automatically without manual operation.
- 2.How does the T16 activate obstacle point cloud imaging?
Obstacle point cloud imaging operates through digital beam forming technology. The obstacle’s width, directional angle, and location can be sensed in real time so that the T16 can bypass it.
- 3.In what direction does the high-precision radar operate?
The radar functions in front of and behind the aircraft with a horizontal FOV of ±50° and a vertical FOV of 0°-10°.
- 4.Are the DBF Imaging Radar of the T16 and the high-precision radar of the MG-1P series cross-compatible?
- AI Operation Planning
- 1.How does 3D operation planning function on the T16?
After capturing orthographic images with the Phantom 4 RTK, use the DJI Terra, which supports Orchard Mode, to complete the 3D mapping of the field. Once the operation field is selected, the AI system will automatically identify object attributes such as crops and obstacles and automatically generate 3D operational routes. After these routes are downloaded, the T16 will then automatically start working.
- 2.What are the similarities and differences between the image collection for 3D operation planning on the T16 and that of the previous PC GS Pro?
Both capture orthographical images shot through the Phantom 4 series, but they create field-maps differently.
- 3.What can the DJI Terra identify while in Orchard Mode via AI recognition technology?
The DJI Terra can identify orchards, buildings, water surfaces, powerline poles, and the ground.
- 4.Can the T16 spray above trees that have an uneven layout and various heights?
Yes. The DJI Terra can recognize the location and height of fruit trees thanks to 3D mapping and AI recognition. The T16 only targets fruit trees and adjusts its flight altitude according to tree height to keep a constant distance above the trees.
- Battery and Charger
- 1.What are the differences between the batteries of the T16 and MG-1P?
The T16 battery can be replaced quickly, and it is equipped with higher voltage, a larger capacity, and a longer life-cycle. For your reference:
Agras T16 battery: 14S, 17,500 mAh, standard voltage 51.8V, 400 cycles.
Agras MG-1P battery: 12S, 12,000 mAh, standard voltage 44.4V, 200 cycles.
- 2.What is the difference between the T16 and MG-1P series chargers? Are they cross-compatible?
The T16 charger has a maximum output power of 2,600W, supports single-channel quick charging mode, and is capable of fully charging one battery in 20 minutes.
Additionally, the 2600W 4-Channel Intelligent Battery Charger can simultaneously charge four batteries in 80 minutes.
The T16's charger can charge an MG-12000P battery, but the MG series charger cannot charge a T16 battery.