- Zenmuse XT
- 1.What is the different between Infrared Camera and general camera?
1. The aperture of Infrared Camera is bigger and the scale of hyperfocal distance is larger;
2. The thermal imaging of Infrared Camera can clear distinguish targets at night;
- 2.Whether the aperture, focus length and shutter of ZENMUSE XT Camera can be adjusted?
The lens of the Zenmuse XT is prime lens, and the fixed focus is infinity.
The camera is able to support digital zoom.
The aperture and shutter cannot be adjusted.
- 3.Whether ZENMUSE XT is able to take photos and record video simultaneously?
Yes, the camera is able to take TIFF images and video recording simultaneously.
- 4.How long is the flight time of Inspire 1 mounting with Zenmuse XT?
The flight time of TB47 is 17 minutes and the flight time of TB48 is 21minutes (test environment: wind power 1-2 level; temperature: 16 degrees) .
- 5.What kind of equipment does ZENMUSE XT Camera support?
Inspire 1 Series aircrafts and Matrice Series aircrafts.
- 6.Can the Zenmuse XT camera be used with the Matrice 200 Series platform?
The Zenmuse XT camera can be used with the Matrice 200 Series, but will require a gimbal adapter and some versions of the XT camera need to be upgraded. For more information about compatibility with the Matrice 200 Series, please read this document
- 7.Can the lens of ZENMUSE XT Camera be replaced?
No, Zenmuse XT's camera and lens are integrated.
- 8.Does the camera come with a standard Micro-SD card?
Yes, the camera will come with a 16GB Micro-SD card, it can supports the FAT format Micro-SD card with storage volume up to 32GB.
- 9.What is DDE?
Digital Detail Enhancement, it can increase the image detail and it is similar to acuteness that enhance the image's sharpness.
- 10.What is SSO?
Smart Scene Optimization, it is similar to sensitometry. After strating, it can better distinguish the temperature difference.
- 11.Why the maximum resoultion is only 640 × 512？
The Infrared Camera is limited to the technical issues and costing, therefore the lens' resolution of 640 × 512 has already situated in the industry-leading position.
- 12.Does the camera support 4K video recording?
No, it does not.
- 13.What is Zenmuse XT's video format?
Its video format is MP4.
- 14.What is the option 'Palette'?
Palette provides different colour choices for different applications. Users can choose the appropriate colour mode according to their demands.
- 15.What is the option 'Scene'?
User can choose different scene modes according to different applications. The built-in AGC (automatic gain control) function will automatically adjust the contrast ratio and photometric brightness due to the modes.
- 16.What is the option 'ROI'?
Region Growth Algorithm, user can adjust the mode to remove the sky part (low temperature) in the scene to enable the scene concentrates on the objects on the ground.
- 17.What is the 'Isotherm' mode?
Isotherm Mode provides three threshold values that enable user to observe the areas with different temperatures clearly. User can define the three threshold values to modify the isothermal lines and the temperature difference will be easier to be observed in different colours.
- 18.What is TIFF format image?
TIFF is a computer file format, called Tagged Image File Format, and the file extension is TIF or TIFF. TIFF (Tag Image File Format) is a kind of graphic format in Macintosh. Its graphic format is complex and TIFF can store more information.
- 19.What kind of softwares can open TIFF format images?
Tiff format image can be edited in PhotoShop, Lightroom and other professinal softwares, or use MATLAB to process the image's data.
- 20.What is the accuracy and measurement range of TIFF format images?
The TIFF format images will store 14-bit raw data, the temperature can be obtained by multiplying a coefficient to this data.
The temperature measurement range of:
1.High Gain Mode: -40℃ to +160℃
2.Low Gain Mode: -40℃ to +550℃
In another word, the Low Gain Mode has wider measurement range, but lower accuracy than the High Gain Mode.
- 21.What factors will affect temperature?
1. The object's reflectivity, as the reflective metal surface has high reflectivity that will cause lower measured temperature;
2. The temperature of the radiation background, the influence will be small if there is no clouds, otherwise it will bring great influence in temperature measurement.
3. The influence from the air factors including temperature and humidity. The higher these two factors, the easier to affect the temperature measurement of the object and lead to low accuracy.
4. The thickness of the air, also the distance from the camera to the measured object. The further the distance, the greater the influence from the air, and less the accuracy of the measurement.
- 22.What is R-JPEG format image?
This image format corresponds to the software FLIR Tools (produced by FLIR Company), which allows the original temperature information in the R-JPEG image to be analysed. Meanwhile, the R-JPEG images can also be viewed as the usual JPEG format images.
Flir Tools Download Address: http://www.flir.com/instruments/display/?id=54865
- 23.Can the Zenmuse XT camera be used with the Matrice 200 Series platform?
The Zenmuse XT camera can be used with the Matrice 200 Series, but will require a gimbal adapter and some versions of the Zenmuse XT camera need to be upgraded. For more information about compatibility with the Matrice 200 Series, please read this document ( link to document