1. What are the differences between the Phantom 4 Pro and the Phantom 4?
Unlike the Phantom 4, the Phantom 4 Pro has a rear-facing obstacle sensing system and left and right infrared obstacle sensors. The gimbal camera has a 1-inch CMOS sensor. A remote controller with a built-in display is also available at an additional charge. For more details, see our Phantom 4 Pro specifications page.
2. In P-mode, can the Phantom 4 Pro avoid obstacles to the rear, front, left and right of the aircraft?
No. In P-mode, the Phantom 4 Pro's front and rear obstacle sensing system are enabled. Only in Beginner Mode and Tripod Mode, the Phantom 4 Pro's left and right infrared sensors are enabled.
3. Do the Phantom 4 Pro’s aircraft status LEDs behave differently than the Phantom 4’s?
The Phantom 4 Pro's aircraft status indicators will blink green when the aircraft brakes within 2 meters with the obstacle.
4. Measured diagonally, how long is the Phantom 4 Pro?
The Phantom 4 Pro is 350 mm long, the same as size the Phantom 4.
5. What propellers does the Phantom 4 Pro use?
The Phantom 4 Pro uses DJI 9450 quick-release propellers.
6. How has the Return to Home (RTH) function improved with the Phantom 4 Pro?
Downward Vision System data is now used to improve RTH accuracy. The aircraft will record visual data for the ground around the home point when ascending at a height of seven meters and use this data to land more precisely. For more details, see the User Manual.
7. What's the Phantom 4 Professional’s maximum speed?
In S-mode, 20 meters per second.
In P-mode, 14 meters per second.
In A-mode, top speed varies depending on environmental factors.
8. How will the aircraft react when landing automatically?
When the aircraft is landing automatically, the aircraft will detect whether or not the landing surface is flat. If not, the aircraft will stop landing and hover. For more details, see the User Manual.
9. What is the Phantom 4 Pro’s maximum flight time?
The Phantom 4 Pro can fly for up to 30 minutes in ideal conditions. Actual flight time varies based on environmental conditions and operation.
10. Are there new propeller guards designed specifically for the Phantom 4 Pro?
Yes, the Phantom 4 Pro propeller guards are reduced in weight and size compared to the Phantom 4 propeller guards, and they will not block the Forward Vision System.
11. How do I calibrate the Phantom 4 Pro's Forward, Backward, and Downward Vision Systems?
The Forward, Backward, and Downward Vision Systems can be calibrated with DJI Assistant 2 and DJI GO. If there is an error with the Forward, Backward, or Downward Vision System, a prompt stating that auto calibration for the Vision System is required will pop up in the DJI GO app. Follow the instructions in the DJI GO app to calibrate. For the best results, we recommend calibrating the Forward, Backward, and Downward Vision Systems with DJI Assistant 2. If you don’t have a computer at hand, calibrate them with DJI GO.
1. What are the specifications of the Phantom 4 Pro?
The Phantom 4 Pro uses a 1’’ (CMOS) sensor with 20 million effective pixels, supporting maximum 4K 60p (H.264) and 4K 30p (H.265) video recording with a 100 Mbps maximum video bitrate. The aperture can be adjusted from F/2.8 to F/11. A mode (aperture priority) and S mode (shutter priority) have also been added as camera modes.
2. What kind of SD cards can be used with the Phantom 4 Pro’s camera?
The Phantom 4 Pro comes with a 16GB SD card. SD cards up to 128GB, Class 10 and UHS-1 rating with writing speed faster than 15MByte/s are compatible. Recommended Micro SD cards are listed below:
1. Sandisk Extreme 32GB UHS-3 V30 MicroSDHC.
2. Sandisk Extreme 64GB UHS-3 V30 MicroSDXC.
3. Panasonic 32GB UHS-3 MicroSDHC.
4. Panasonic 64GB UHS-3 MicroSDXC.
5. Samsung PRO 32GB UHS-1 MicroSDHC.
6. Samsung PRO 64GB UHS-3 MicroSDXC.
7. Samsung PRO 128GB UHS-3 MicroSDXC.
3. Can the ND filter for Phantom 4 cameras be used with the Phantom 4 Pro?
No, the cameras are sized differently. Phantom 4 Pro ND filters are available on our online store.
4. Why can’t the gimbal point forward horizontally when I’m flying at top speed in S-mode?
In S-mode, the aircraft can tilt up to 42 degrees while the gimbal can move at most 45 degrees upward and 120 degrees downward. Hence, the gimbal cannot point forward horizontally when the aircraft is flying quickly in S-mode. To solve such issue, move the Pitch of the gimbal downward by at least 12 degrees when flying in S-mode.
5. What’s the Phantom 4 Pro’s maximum video bit rate?
6. Is the gimbal made of plastic?
No, it is made of a magnesium alloy and ceramics.
7. How can I switch from the Phantom 4 Pro’s mechanical shutter to the electronic shutter?
The camera will use the electronic shutter by default when the shutter speed is higher than 1/2000 or when using the burst shooting function. Otherwise, the mechanical shutter will be used to prevent jelloing.
8. Which media players can play H.265 video?
Windows: VLC, PotPlayer, KMPlayer, MilkPlayer.
IOS: Elmedia Player.
1. What are the differences between the Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro+?
Their remote controllers are different. The Phantom 4 Pro +’s remote controller includes a 5.5-inch, 1080p, 1000 nit built-in display. Its screen can be seen clearly in direct sunlight, it can be used in low-temperature environments, and a mobile device is no longer required. The remote controller also features an HDMI port, a micro-SD card slot, and a built-in microphone and a speaker, which allows for live streaming and video editing anytime, anywhere.
2. Can my remote controller output HDMI signal?
The Phantom 4 Pro’s remote controller can output HDMI signal with the HDMI Module installed and a mobile device. After installing the HDMI Module, upgrade the remote controller’s firmware to the latest version.
The Phantom 4 Pro +‘s remote controller has a built-in HDMI port.
3. How long does it take to fully charge the Phantom 4 Pro/Pro +’s remote controller?
Around three hours.
4. Can I switch my remote controller between FCC and CE?
Users cannot switch between FCC and CE manually. The remote controller will enable FCC or CE mode based on your location in accordance with local laws and regulations.
5. How long is the Phantom 4 Pro remote controller’s battery life?
The remote controller without the display can work for 6 hours when fully charged. The controller with the display can work for 5 hours when fully charged.
6. How can I link my remote controller to my Phantom 4 Pro by pressing buttons on the remote controller?
Press the C1, C2 and video recording buttons at the same time. After you hear an alarm “D-DD”, press the camera settings dial, and the remote controller will start linking to your Phantom 4 Pro.
1. What kind of image transmission technology does Phantom 4 Pro use?
The Phantom 4 Pro is powered by an enhanced version of DJI Lightbridge, and it supports 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz frequency bands.
2. Does the remote controller still work with the 2.4G frequency band?
Yes, but many Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices also work at the 2.4G frequency band, so interfere is more likely to occur. Currently, the 5.8G frequency band isn’t as widely used, so you’re less likely to encounter interference when using the 5.8G band.
3. What’s the effective transmission distance of the Phantom 4 Pro’s remote controller?
FCC: 7 km, CE: 3.5 km (Unobstructed, free of interference). Actual transmission distance varies depending environmental conditions and operation.
4. What is the transmission latency of the Phantom 4 Pro’s video downlink?
Around 220ms for the remote controller without the display and around 180ms for the one with the display. The actual transmission latency depends on your mobile device’s performance and environmental interference.
5. What’s the maximum resolution of the Phantom 4 Pro’s video downlink?
720P@30FPS. Actual transmission resolution depends on your mobile device’s performance and environmental interference.
6. What should I do if black and white strips are present on screen during image transmission?
In the DJI GO app, tap Menu and disable “Over Exposure Warning”.
1. What are the specifications of the Phantom 4 Pro’s Intelligent Flight Battery?
5870mAh, 15.2V, 89.8Wh.
2. How long does it take to fully charge the Phantom 4 Pro’s Intelligent Flight Battery?
Around 90 minutes.
3. What can I do to protect my Phantom 4 Pro’s Intelligent Flight Battery?
Keep the Intelligent Flight Battery away from water or moisture. Battery level should between 45% and 65% when the Intelligent Flight Battery is to be stored for a long period of time. If the Intelligent Flight Battery is to be stored for more than three months, it should be fully charged and discharged once every three months to prevent over discharging.
4. Is it normal that the display of the battery cells are yellow under Aircraft Battery in the DJI GO app?
Yes, when the voltage of the battery cells is lower than 3.62V, the display turns yellow.
5. What is the wattage of the Phantom 4 Pro’s charger?
6. How do I upgrade the firmware for the Phantom 4 Pro’s Intelligent Flight Battery?
The Intelligent Flight Battery will be upgraded when you upgrade the aircraft firmware. When the firmware for the Intelligent Flight Battery needs to upgraded, an Inconsistent Firmware Found warning will display in the DJI GO app. Slide the slider to the right to update the battery firmware.
7. How should I use the Intelligent Flight Battery in a low temperature environment?
Battery capacity will decrease significantly when the Intelligent Flight Battery is used at low temperatures (below minus 10 degree Celsius). It is recommended to warm up the Intelligent Flight Battery to 20 degrees Celsius before flight.
8. What is the discharge rate of the Phantom 4 Pro’s Intelligent Flight Battery?
The discharge rate of the Phantom 4 Pro’s Intelligent Flight Battery is 5C.
9. Why will the Phantom 4 Pro’s Intelligent Flight Battery emit heat when it has been stored for a long period of time?
When the Intelligent Flight Battery has been stored for a long period of time with over 65% charge, the auto-discharging function will be triggered. The Intelligent Flight Battery will discharge to 65% of the total power automatically while emitting moderate heat.
10. Can I charge the Intelligent Flight Battery and remote controller with the charger at the same time?
The DJI charger can charge the Intelligent Flight Battery and remote controller. But it is not recommended to charge the Intelligent Flight Battery and remote controller at the same time.
1. What should I be aware of when using ActiveTrack Mode?
The subject to be tracked needs to be placed in the middle of the screen for identification. If “GO” is shown on the screen after you drag a box around the subject, the subject has been identified. You can start tracking after tapping “GO”. The tracked subject should not be similar in color or patterning to its surrounding environment. You can track optimally when your Phantom 4 Pro flies at a height between three meters to five meters and five meters to 15 meters from the tracked subject.
The Phantom 4 Pro can also use the new Spotlight and Profile functions in ActiveTrack Mode.
2. What should I be aware of when using TapFly Mode?
You can fly your Phantom 4 Pro in any direction within -25 degrees to + 25 degrees controllable range of the gimbal in TapFly Mode. You can set the speed in TapFly between 1 m/s to 13 m/s in the DJI GO app. When encountering an obstacle, the Phantom 4 Pro will ascend to avoid it. When “Enable Horizontal Obstacle Avoidance” is enabled, the Phantom 4 Pro will generate a route automatically to avoid the obstacles from both sides. If it cannot avoid an obstacle, the Phantom 4 Pro will hover in place.
TapFly for the Phantom 4 Pro can be used in forward mode, backward mode and free mode.
3. In P-mode, can the Phantom 4 Pro with the left and right infrared sensors?
No. In P-mode, only the Phantom 4 Pro's front and rear vision systems are enabled. In Beginner Mode and tripod mode, the Phantom 4 Pro's left and right infrared sensors are enabled.
4. What's the sensing range for the left and right infrared sensors?
0.2 meters to 7 meters.
5. At what speed does the Phantom 4 Pro’s vision positioning system stop working?
6. What mobile devices are compatible with the DJI GO app?
The DJI GO app can run on both iOS and Android mobile devices. For more details, please see the user manual.
7. What’s the max speed of Phantom 4 Pro in ActiveTrack mode?
14 m/s, the same as the max speed in P mode.
Search for More Information
Online Customer Service
Contact online customer service for immediate support.